First Name
Jemmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic type R
Country flag
Hello
I have a new CTR, 1000km+-, and I feel that the gear shifting gets much stiffer when I push the car, especially when I start to push from 2 gear... When I drive easily its much smoother.. Is that normal? Will it be better with time?
Sponsored

OP
OP
vissor

vissor

First Name
Jemmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic type R
Country flag
I feel like the car wants you to shift a little slower even when driving really aggressively.
That's the point, I'm not shifting to fast, but I feel like I shift through a bunch of small rocks :rolleyes1:

Z06Chris

First Name
C. Yi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
That's the point, I'm not shifting to fast, but I feel like I shift through a bunch of small rocks :rolleyes1:
Ahh, so you're getting notchy/crunchy gear shifts? I've got the same.
1st to 2nd gear has also grinded 7 times in 5k miles and have been locked out of 1st a few times.
Think I need a new tranny lol.

hpbyhermann

First Name
Hermann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Championship white Type R #25133, 09' Civic SI sedan, black 2013 Boss 302 Laguna Seca, 1993 Mustang Cobra, 2004 Mustang Cobra
Country flag
Adjust the clutch pedal (CMC) and you will be amazed how much better it shifts. Mine was exactly the same until I adjusted mine. You just need a 12mm wrench and 5 minutes of your time. If it isn't adjusted to take the slack out of the CMC the pressure plate will not fully disengage the clutch disc making shifting especially quick shifting very difficult.

OP
OP
vissor

vissor

First Name
Jemmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic type R
Country flag
Adjust the clutch pedal (CMC) and you will be amazed how much better it shifts. Mine was exactly the same until I adjusted mine. You just need a 12mm wrench and 5 minutes of your time. If it isn't adjusted to take the slack out of the CMC the pressure plate will not fully disengage the clutch disc making shifting especially quick shifting very difficult.
Can you elaborate please about the process?

Hayabusa160

The Master
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type r
Country flag
if you look at the clutch petal under the dash you will see the rod that the petal pushes theres a 12mm nut behind it just loosen it and take the slack out

also the first 5k the trans feels tight from my experience untill its broken in so i would go easy on it.

hpbyhermann

First Name
Hermann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Championship white Type R #25133, 09' Civic SI sedan, black 2013 Boss 302 Laguna Seca, 1993 Mustang Cobra, 2004 Mustang Cobra
Country flag
Can you elaborate please about the process?
There is a thread about adjusting it in the Type R section but I don't have a link. Do a quick search. There is also a video on YouTube....search Honda CMC (Clutch Master Cylinder) adjustment.

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Is there a video tutorial

hpbyhermann

First Name
Hermann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Following that vid appears to have solved my 2nd gear grind issue. I just had to adjust back a couple of threads and you can immediately feel the difference shifting.
Awesome, just a quick comment....adjust the rod up finger tight until all the clearance is gone then barely back it off, (1/16th to 1/8th of a turn) then tighten it up. I originally backed it up over a full rotation but later went back in and adjusted as above and it improved even more, now I couldn't be happier with it!! If your car is adjusted incorrectly from the factory as mine was you will simply not believe how much it will improve!!
Sponsored