Gave An Honest Survey. Finance Manager wants me to call them back ASAP.

Should I call them back?

• Total voters

aegeanbluecivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic SGP Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Per title, I received a survey from Honda and I gave generally all 10's except for 2 bits where I scored maybe an 8 and a 9 due to the finance manager not getting back to me when I had concerns with my credit application regarding my marital status. I work in the information services industry so I understand the importance of being accurate as possible. I also commented that she never returned my inquiries which was back in 12/6/2018. The finance manager contacted me today and left a voicemail stating she did indeed reach out to me except from her personal cell phone and had left me a message prior which is false because 1 there is no call record /missed call and 2 there is no voicemail that was left from them on that day. They want me to call them back but I'm not sure as to why I should?

My trade in has already been paid in full and I already have my new loan information and paid first month's due, or rather second month's due since it is a lease. However, since I am in California I don't have my plates yet so I'm more concerned of them actually sending me the plates if I don't respond to the finance manager. I mean what else could be said except advise I never received any call from her?

Any opinions fellow brothers and sisters?
Sponsored

RobXsi

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nata
Country flag
Per title, I received a survey from Honda and I gave generally all 10's except for 2 bits where I scored maybe an 8 and a 9 due to the finance manager not getting back to me when I had concerns with my credit application regarding my marital status. I work in the information services industry so I understand the importance of being accurate as possible. I also commented that she never returned my inquiries which was back in 12/6/2018. The finance manager contacted me today and left a voicemail stating she did indeed reach out to me except from her personal cell phone and had left me a message prior which is false because 1 there is no call record /missed call and 2 there is no voicemail that was left from them on that day. They want me to call them back but I'm not sure as to why I should?

My trade in has already been paid in full and I already have my new loan information and paid first month's due, or rather second month's due since it is a lease. However, since I am in California I don't have my plates yet so I'm more concerned of them actually sending me the plates if I don't respond to the finance manager. I mean what else could be said except advise I never received any call from her?

Fuck Stealerships. Lol!

Why call back? Either your someone who enjoys the interaction. Or like me their not worth your time, dont call back. They BEGGED me for a google review so much, called me and emailed.. pffft..

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
Fuck Stealerships. Lol!

Why call back? Either your someone who enjoys the interaction. Or like me their not worth your time, dont call back. They BEGGED me for a google review so much, called me and emailed.. pffft..
Just text her "What do you want ?"

Then you have got back to her, and you have it on record.
Hopefully, she will TEXT you what she wants, and you will have that on record as well.

THEN you can decide, what you want to do .....

Maybe all she wants is you to come in and pick up your new plates !!!'

AndyAndromeda-AUS

AndyAndromeda
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 10th Gen - Vti-LX (Australia)
Country flag
I don't get this whole, you don't have the plates yet business. In Australia you can't legally drive anything unless it's registered and has the plates visible on the car. Here registration would be included in the drive away price, and the plates on the car when you arrive to take ownership of it.

America seems very backwards when it comes to road rules.

tsupersonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback EX-L, '17 Forester XT
Country flag
I don't get this whole, you don't have the plates yet business. In Australia you can't legally drive anything unless it's registered and has the plates visible on the car. Here registration would be included in the drive away price, and the plates on the car when you arrive to take ownership of it.

America seems very backwards when it comes to road rules.
Different states have different laws. In New York they put plates on the car before we drive off the lot.

OP
OP
aegeanbluecivic

aegeanbluecivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic SGP Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Thank you all. I decided to contact her this morning however got her voicemail. I advised if any further contact required she can email me as generally I am not available to take personal calls on my cell phone since we are required to have it in lockers due to NPPI information contained throughout the office. I honestly don't know what more could be spoken on the matter since the survey has already been filled out and she got wind of it unless she just wants to apologize? I honestly thought the survey would be anonymous but apparently not!

CrashTestJeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si Sedan
Country flag
Thank you all. I decided to contact her this morning however got her voicemail. I advised if any further contact required she can email me as generally I am not available to take personal calls on my cell phone since we are required to have it in lockers due to NPPI information contained throughout the office. I honestly don't know what more could be spoken on the matter since the survey has already been filled out and she got wind of it unless she just wants to apologize? I honestly thought the survey would be anonymous but apparently not!

Even though the call you received may have been regarding your survey response, you never know. The finance department called me back a few days after purchase because they made a mistake on the trade-in VIN and needed a new signature from me on the DMV form.

It's pretty obvious that Honda puts a ton of pressure on these franchise dealers to get "10's" across the survey board. If your experience wasn't perfect 10's, then they should be fine hearing about it...

mcbacon

First Name
Vinney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX w/Sensing
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm glad you called her back. From working in dealers, since customer satisfaction scores are such a big deal, a lot of F&I or sales or even some service folks will bend over backwards to make you happy if you leave even a semi-positive review. See if you can use it to your advantage!

David Harper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
Country flag
my finance woman was great. She bought my interest down from 4.5% to 2.5% with dealer money. Hard to believe right?

Antonio_415

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic EX 16'
Country flag
However, since I am in California I don't have my plates yet so I'm more concerned of them actually sending me the plates if I don't respond to the finance manager. I mean what else could be said except advise I never received any call from her?

Doesn’t the information get sent to the DMV right away upon purchase, if not a couple days soon after. I doubt they can hold that info hostage my friend
Sponsored