First Name
eDUB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 TYPE R
Country flag
thanks for the info @FKSE7EN !
Seems as if the end is finally near to buy this. Going to go unpainted and paint it Crstal Black Pearl somewhere locally.

CivicPR0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport Touring CVT
Country flag
NK quoted me 350 for a painted spoiler including shipping over the weekend. Looks like they've raised their prices. :(
I just purchased one from them at $300 shipped.

eDUB632

First Name
eDUB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 TYPE R
Country flag
Emails finally going out for the Galpin version. Should be finally available very soon. 190 unpainted (picked up)

bangminah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Alright, like many Civic Hatch owners on Facebook and Instagram, I said fuck it and got the NK Garage spoiler.

I stuck it on and had fitment issues such as not sitting flush with the OEM spoiler (edge to edge) as well as having a gap on the back end of the spoiler. I thought maybe it was totally my fault and just being trash at sticking things on.
Honda Civic 10th gen GAS Civic Hatchback Spoiler upload_2018-2-10_20-31-47

Honda Civic 10th gen GAS Civic Hatchback Spoiler upload_2018-2-10_20-31-54

I messaged someone on Instagram who said his spoiler was absolutely flush and fit perfectly, no issues slapping that sucker on and told me to push against the spoiler harder. Alright, next day it is.

Next morning with the sun beating down on the spoiler, I removed it and cleaned the trunk to reapply. I must have done this at least ten times. One thing is for sure, that mounting tape is really damn strong. I took his advice (very bad, don't do this) and pushed the duckbill spoiler parallel to the floor to eliminate the gap. I overdid it and popped up the left side of the OEM spoiler. Great, now my trunk wobbles when closing, but hey getting rid of 60% of the gap is worth right? /s

Fast forward to today. I got a heat gun to remove the spoiler once more and strip the mounting tape on there. The mounting tape and aesthetics is literally the only plus of this spoiler. After stripping out the mounting tape, I did another quick wipe with rubbing alcohol. The paint literally wiped off at the edges. It's also very soft (chips very easily, moreso than our cars' paint), and has a slight orange peel finish.
Honda Civic 10th gen GAS Civic Hatchback Spoiler upload_2018-2-10_20-31-4

With the spoiler cleaned up, I did a test fit without any adhesive and lo and behold: the fit and finish sucks ass. Unless I flex the spoiler, I will still have a gap between the trunk and duckbill. Even with flexing it, I wouldn't get an edge to edge fitment (which I would've been cool with considering that GAS's spoiler didn't seem to have an edge to edge fitment anyway). The IG user I messaged previously said he had at least five other people asking him the same thing about the gap, so he must have lucked out with his spoiler's construction. I contacted NK Garage about this and was offered a refund, but I turned it down since I don't want to bother with the hassle of shipping (even if it's to LA, this feels like it's bothered me enough already).

So if Galpin really is sending it back and forth for molding all this time, I can understand the delays. Cause no way in hell would I ever want to go through this nightmare again. On the other hand, after watching more 3M spoiler installation videos and seeing the costs of those spoilers, I don't think I'd shell out over $150-200 for a stick on spoiler again. Now if GAS is delaying this because they're deciding to make it a bolt on, I'm all up for it. I hope this has been an interesting and informative read.

edit1: misspelled paint

Update: Tried to heat up and flex the spoiler to fit onto the trunk again. Yeah this isn't gonna happen. I'm spoiler-less for the time being. Galpin/Brian, if you're seeing this, would you accept a poorly constructed Thailand knock off spoiler as a trade in :(

Last edited:

SangreRaven

First Name
Raven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Last email I had from Brian which he sent to the group of ppl wanting one was on 01/24/2018. The email said they were sending it back to the molders and hopefully this was the last time and they should have more info by the end of that week. I sent an email on 2/10/2018 asking for an update but have not heard anything yet.

-R

HatchPanda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatckback Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Last email I had from Brian which he sent to the group of ppl wanting one was on 01/24/2018. The email said they were sending it back to the molders and hopefully this was the last time and they should have more info by the end of that week. I sent an email on 2/10/2018 asking for an update but have not heard anything yet.

-R
Yeah thats the last update we had. For us on the email list. It could be that the molding company is still working out the kinks. Its about to be a month since we last heard

bangminah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Yeah thats the last update we had. For us on the email list. It could be that the molding company is still working out the kinks. Its about to be a month since we last heard
Really praying for a bolt-on replacement for the OEM spoiler at this point and pricing...

maaaaackle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
Alright, like many Civic Hatch owners on Facebook and Instagram, I said fuck it and got the NK Garage spoiler.

I stuck it on and had fitment issues such as not sitting flush with the OEM spoiler (edge to edge) as well as having a gap on the back end of the spoiler. I thought maybe it was totally my fault and just being trash at sticking things on.
upload_2018-2-10_20-31-47.png

upload_2018-2-10_20-31-54.png

I messaged someone on Instagram who said his spoiler was absolutely flush and fit perfectly, no issues slapping that sucker on and told me to push against the spoiler harder. Alright, next day it is.

Next morning with the sun beating down on the spoiler, I removed it and cleaned the trunk to reapply. I must have done this at least ten times. One thing is for sure, that mounting tape is really damn strong. I took his advice (very bad, don't do this) and pushed the duckbill spoiler parallel to the floor to eliminate the gap. I overdid it and popped up the left side of the OEM spoiler. Great, now my trunk wobbles when closing, but hey getting rid of 60% of the gap is worth right? /s

Fast forward to today. I got a heat gun to remove the spoiler once more and strip the mounting tape on there. The mounting tape and aesthetics is literally the only plus of this spoiler. After stripping out the mounting tape, I did another quick wipe with rubbing alcohol. The paint literally wiped off at the edges. It's also very soft (chips very easily, moreso than our cars' paint), and has a slight orange peel finish.
upload_2018-2-10_20-31-4.png

With the spoiler cleaned up, I did a test fit without any adhesive and lo and behold: the fit and finish sucks ass. Unless I flex the spoiler, I will still have a gap between the trunk and duckbill. Even with flexing it, I wouldn't get an edge to edge fitment (which I would've been cool with considering that GAS's spoiler didn't seem to have an edge to edge fitment anyway). The IG user I messaged previously said he had at least five other people asking him the same thing about the gap, so he must have lucked out with his spoiler's construction. I contacted NK Garage about this and was offered a refund, but I turned it down since I don't want to bother with the hassle of shipping (even if it's to LA, this feels like it's bothered me enough already).

So if Galpin really is sending it back and forth for molding all this time, I can understand the delays. Cause no way in hell would I ever want to go through this nightmare again. On the other hand, after watching more 3M spoiler installation videos and seeing the costs of those spoilers, I don't think I'd shell out over $150-200 for a stick on spoiler again. Now if GAS is delaying this because they're deciding to make it a bolt on, I'm all up for it. I hope this has been an interesting and informative read.

edit1: misspelled paint

Update: Tried to heat up and flex the spoiler to fit onto the trunk again. Yeah this isn't gonna happen. I'm spoiler-less for the time being. Galpin/Brian, if you're seeing this, would you accept a poorly constructed Thailand knock off spoiler as a trade in :(
Man, that really sucks to hear. I was looking at their facebook page and kept going back and forth on pulling the trigger.

But to drop hundreds of dollars to get a POS product is something else.

bangminah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Man, that really sucks to hear. I was looking at their facebook page and kept going back and forth on pulling the trigger.

But to drop hundreds of dollars to get a POS product is something else.
On one hand, I want to give them some slack since it could just be me, but on the other, I'd expect higher quality control for a large automotive accessory that seems to have low quantity production. Thinking more on it though I went through with the refund, but I went through PayPal's claim process to ensure that I receive the refund. GAS might end up taking my money after all
Sponsored