Gylmar814
First Name
Gylmar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ABM Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Mazda Cx-5, (RIP) '17 SGP Civic Hatch Ex
Country flag
Just threw in my fx350 clutch in last night. It engages much lower and quicker than factory. Just wanted to double check, if I want to raise the engagement a little higher do I need to adjust the pedal higher or lower? I maxed it out at the highest and feels good there, just want to make sure. Thank you.
Sponsored

KramVT0215

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe, 2008 Acura TL
Country flag
Raising the pedal height will only increase Freeplay you'll need to adjust the master cylinder rod to move the engagement up mine catches pretty much at the top of my pedal currently on my fx350. My master cylinder rod is almost maxed out only about a thread left

OP
OP
gylmar814

gylmar814

Gylmar814
First Name
Gylmar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ABM Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Mazda Cx-5, (RIP) '17 SGP Civic Hatch Ex
Country flag
Raising the pedal height will only increase Freeplay you'll need to adjust the master cylinder rod to move the engagement up mine catches pretty much at the top of my pedal currently on my fx350. My master cylinder rod is almost maxed out only about a thread left
Wow so set your engagement point really high?

KramVT0215

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe, 2008 Acura TL
Country flag
I was thinking of lowering it a bit actually I set it high in the beginning as it was the only way to minimize clutch chatter and be able to get into gear got like 3k on it now I prefer engagement to be right in the middle of the pedal travel personally

glossyprimerX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Sport Hatch MT Sonic Gray
Country flag
Speaking of chatter, I just finished installing my fx350, I feel a lot of chatter when starting and even downshifting. Will this go away with time? Any help is appreciated!

glossyprimerX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Sport Hatch MT Sonic Gray
Country flag
I was thinking of lowering it a bit actually I set it high in the beginning as it was the only way to minimize clutch chatter and be able to get into gear got like 3k on it now I prefer engagement to be right in the middle of the pedal travel personally
Did the chatter go away? If so, how many miles til it did?

Cscott_xGen

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
I installed mine last week i have 780 miles on it. I adjusted the peddle as soon as the clutch went it.

If its chatters your holding the peddle in for to long. Either be off or on the clutch

bgutierrezx

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen civic ext 4dr sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just threw in my fx350 clutch in last night. It engages much lower and quicker than factory. Just wanted to double check, if I want to raise the engagement a little higher do I need to adjust the pedal higher or lower? I maxed it out at the highest and feels good there, just want to make sure. Thank you.
What exactly did you move if you don’t mind helping me out. My car doesn’t go into gear when it’s running . I just installed the Fx350

Stupefyer

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Speaking of chatter, I just finished installing my fx350, I feel a lot of chatter when starting and even downshifting. Will this go away with time? Any help is appreciated!
Did y’all install the clutch yourselves? If so, how was it ??

bgutierrezx

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did y’all install the clutch yourselves? If so, how was it ??
If you have a second car I recommend doing it your self. It was my first time doing a clutch job & I honestly learned a lot about the car. Pretty stressful if you do most of it alone. You also run into the possibility of fucking it all up, like I did. I put the car back together & it won’t go into gear while running. I followed the sticker on the clutch but it some whole ended up backwards so idk. The car won’t go into gear while running.

Evofc1407

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
If you have a second car I recommend doing it your self. It was my first time doing a clutch job & I honestly learned a lot about the car. Pretty stressful if you do most of it alone. You also run into the possibility of fucking it all up, like I did. I put the car back together & it won’t go into gear while running. I followed the sticker on the clutch but it some whole ended up backwards so idk. The car won’t go into gear while running.
I'm going to guess the input shaft was damaged on your install and the shaft wasn't aligned correctly before bolting the transmission. Had to toe my si to a shop and have it fixed a week ago. About $900 to fix and put back the stock clutch and flywheel. Brand new spec 3+ and flywheel was almost destroyed. I was lucky, shop also said I almost needed a new transmission if the input shaft couldn't be saved. As for the spec, the pilot bushing was past being saved with about 40 miles on the brand the part so I'll need a new input shaft pilot bushing for the flywheel. Clutch disc wasn't bent, just a little scorching? Next time I wont let my friend do it and I'll just take it to a shop.

Honda Civic 10th gen Fx350 Clutch Pedal Adjustment Question 20181215_193121

Honda Civic 10th gen Fx350 Clutch Pedal Adjustment Question 20181228_122203

bgutierrezx

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That might be right I’m not sure. I used the clutched aligning tool to install my clutch. After that I just installed my transmission a soon as it aligned up. The mechanic at the shop said he didn’t know what could of gone wrong. He said I installed everything properly. I’m not sure if I got the wrong parts when i ordered the light fly wheel & the fx350 for my 17 ext sedan. Right now the problem is the clutch won’t disengage or so the mechanic says.

Evofc1407

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
That might be right I’m not sure. I used the clutched aligning tool to install my clutch. After that I just installed my transmission a soon as it aligned up. The mechanic at the shop said he didn’t know what could of gone wrong. He said I installed everything properly. I’m not sure if I got the wrong parts when i ordered the light fly wheel & the fx350 for my 17 ext sedan. Right now the problem is the clutch won’t disengage or so the mechanic says.
Yea mine drove fine for about 40 miles then started not going into gear while on. They fixed it and it drives fine now. You will need to have it towed most likely. Still waiting on a new pilot bushing to put back in the spec 3+. Nobody will know what's wrong until they drop the transmission again. I had to wait a week over Christmas with no car, it was horrible. Here's the damage but spec said its still ok. Not bent thank goodness.

Honda Civic 10th gen Fx350 Clutch Pedal Adjustment Question 20181228_122912

Honda Civic 10th gen Fx350 Clutch Pedal Adjustment Question 20181228_122731

bgutierrezx

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yea mine drove fine for about 40 miles then started not going into gear while on. They fixed it and it drives fine now. You will need to have it towed most likely. Still waiting on a new pilot bushing to put back in the spec 3+. Nobody will know what's wrong until they drop the transmission again. I had to wait a week over Christmas with no car, it was horrible. Here's the damage but spec said its still ok. Not bent thank goodness.

20181228_122912.jpg

20181228_122731.jpg
Did you find out exactly what was wrong with it?
Sponsored