First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM CTR #17012
Country flag
What’s up everyone,

Just joined the forum. I’m currently deployed but when I get back later this year I’m wanting to trade my truck(ram rebel) in on a CTR. I just had a couple questions I was hoping others could chime in on.

1. I am stationed in and live in NC, but my truck is sitting with family in CT right now since I’m gone. I’m thinking about trying to get my CTR in CT when I get back instead of driving my truck all the way back to NC and adding miles before trade in. For you owners who bought your CTR out of state, can I just take my Out of state tags off my trade in and put them on the CTR? Is that how that works? Never bought out of state before.
  2. I’ve read about a known issue with some metallic rattling under the hood during deceleration, brakes squeaking, 2nd gear grinding, and hatch rattling. Any other known issues to worry about so far?
  3. What kind of extended warranties were you offered by Honda?
  4. What are some must-do mods for this baby?
I love my rebel but there are so many issues popping up with them I know its only a matter of time before I have trouble myself. I like the high up and big spacey feelings of being in a truck but also miss having a sporty vehicle to whip around in. I love the reputation and reliability of Honda and saw the CTR and can’t stop thinking about it. So it’s going to be a reality when I get back. I’ll probably start messaging dealers trying to find one willing to work with me at MSRP about a month before I come back!

Thanks in advance. Look forward to all the knowledge and camaraderie this forum has to offer.
Sponsored

Dragnet

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2016 Accord Sport
Country flag
Definitely some 2nd gear grinding and getting locked out of 4th when downshifting from 5th. I'm not sure if all cars are doing it. Mine is. Mine is also a fairly low number at #00137 but that may mean absolutely nothing. The brakes are going to squeak. I don't look at that as an issue though because it's just the nature of the type of brakes that come on the car. I personally have not noticed any other issues I can think of.... Oh, wait. My steering wheel is off a wee bit to the left of center. I'm not sure if the steering wheel was not centered properly or if it is an alignment issue. I've heard of some of the earlier CTR's having the same issue.

nickjohn35

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2017 PMM Typer R. Former: 2004 350Z
Country flag
Welcome and thank you for your service!!!

I just bought a used 2017 two weeks ago and been loving every minute of it!!!

1) I bought mine out of state and the dealer put my current plates and tags on the car. I still have to register the car in my state. Waiting to receive a packet of info from the dealer in order to get that done. Another thing to keep in mind is if you buy out of state are taxes. I drove 7 hours and had a deal locked in place. When we got to the dealer the sales manager surprised us and said “oh, the county you live in tacks on an additional tax when you buy a car”. Definitely a surprise to my wife and I but we worked out a deal.

2) I’ve had no issues so far. Well, the breaks squeak at low speeds when I’m about to stop but I feel like that is normal for the Brembo brakes. Perhaps different pads could help that?...

3) I bought mine as a Certified Pre Owned from Honda. I believe the CPO warranty is 7 year, 100K Miles. I loved the thought of that additional warranty considering I bought a 2017 with 1k Miles under MSRP. If you do find a CPO make sure they’re not charging you for that warranty. I had a local Honda that had a used 2018 with over 3k miles charge an additional $2,500 for the CPO warranty. Grand total of this used CTR was $48K!! No thanks! When I told the dealer I bought from that that dealer was charging for the CPO warranty they were absolutely shocked.

Good luck with your search! I called so many in state and out of state dealerships and only one was willing to work with me. I had some get attitude with me and some scoffed at my offer. I eventually found the right one!
Sponsored

Last edited: