OP
OP

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
HondaPro Jason gives us an overview of the HFP kit. The big news is that the HFP dampers/springs require an ECU upgrade to manage the new damping profiles. More below:

Sponsored

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
Thanks!
I'm hoping they'd let people buy the bits separately... The suspension upgrade sounds great! (the rest I don't really care for, personally)

P.S. That red hatch spoiler looks beyond stupid. Sorry just couldn't help it. Just... wow. :nono:

Phylanx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 CRV, '17 Si Sedan
Country flag
Watched the vid earlier this morning as well. Might be interested in the suspension.

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR - 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec
Country flag
So if we upgrade to this suspension and get the ecu upgrade from Honda, how or does it affect our current flashes (ktuner base maps, vit stages etc) @KTuner Would it just be to flash back over the new ecu again or would there need to be an update done?

Phylanx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 CRV, '17 Si Sedan
Country flag
Hmm, that brings up an interesting question. Can you actually flash the current ECU to make the suspension stiffer? Sounds possible since you need the ECU flashed for the new HFP Suspension.

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR - 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec
Country flag
No because they’re putting in new suspension. The ecu flash I assume would be to adjust for the new parameters of the suspension.

Hmm, that brings up an interesting question. Can you actually flash the current ECU to make the suspension stiffer? Sounds possible since you need the ECU flashed for the new HFP Suspension.

ronmcdon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FiestaST, 19 Si, Camaro Z1LE, EvoX, 98 240sx
Country flag
Very disappointed in the regular hatch parts avail. There's really nothing that would add the way the car drive, just added ricer bits.

DrwMDvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Civic Si Sedan, 2000 Honda Civic
Country flag
The springs didn't look like they lowered the vehicle in any way. Might be a tougher sale for me. The softer and harder modes do sound appealing, but at what cost? I certainly don't want the other bits.

dawsonj87

First Name
Dawson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Civic EX Coupe, 2001 Honda CB250
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
At least the front lip can be in any color on the Si. The body work and wheels look solid.

OP
OP

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
So if we upgrade to this suspension and get the ecu upgrade from Honda, how or does it affect our current flashes (ktuner base maps, vit stages etc) @KTuner Would it just be to flash back over the new ecu again or would there need to be an update done?
@Hondata @KTuner - HondaPro Jason is claiming the Si's HFP suspension requires an ECU upgrade. Based on what you know so far, will this interfere with any of the parameters of your tunes? Or is more information needed?

exyia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SportTouring Hatch, 2010 EvoX SE
Country flag
HondaPro Jason gives us an overview of the HFP kit. The big news is that the HFP dampers/springs require an ECU upgrade to manage the new damping profiles. More below:

I'd say to not overthink something from HondaPro Jason. ECU has been such an over-used word that so many have mixed up Electronic Control Unit with Engine Control Unit, and I don't have the greatest faith in ProJason's technical knowledge on the subject.

Nobody will really know until we see it in person/release really.

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I don't have the greatest faith in ProJason's technical knowledge on the subject.

Nobody will really know until we see it in person/release really.
Perfect:rofl::thumbsup:

exyia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SportTouring Hatch, 2010 EvoX SE
Country flag
I mean, I'm sure he's a cool guy. I don't have anything against him as a person. But in terms of technical knowledge? I'm sorry, I will respectfully just take everything he says with a grain of salt.

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Same here :thumbsup: