full review, writeup, and installation steps: ctr subs, amp, center channel, and door speakers

1. Yuma

Yuma Member

Car(s):
    Honda civic X 1.0 exclusive
    do you have maximum depth in front door woofer door to windows glass?
    thanks

2. piterek

piterek Member

First Name:
    Peter
    Car(s):
    2019 Civic Hatch Sport Touring
    #497 piterek, Aug 30, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2019
    Thank you @ctrmofo for this thread. I honestly thought my brand new ST hatch had a defective HU when I picked it up from the dealer. How is that even called a "premium" sound system? Started looking at custom boxes, similar to what I had in my 8th gen sedan, Audio Integrations. Not much out there. This thread, and a YT video from piercedasian restored my faith in humanity.

The Pioneer sub is now installed, driven by Alpine MRV-M500, which I salvaged from my 8th gen Civic. Finally the audio has some soul in it, although response could be a bit more crisp (another sub maybe). Will tackle the door speakers and the center channel next year. Happy to be hearing notes below 80Hz in the meantime. BTW... is there an ideal HU SUBW level to maintain? I have the remote knob on the Alpine amp to tweak gain as needed, and bass EQ on the amp itself. What is the HU LP frequency?

Would be interested in that modified cover you created, but I get that it was a limited run. Thanks again for all the info on here!!

3. Muggsy

Muggsy Senior Member

First Name:
    Gary
    Car(s):
    2018 PMM CTR, 2000 Lexus GS400
    I finally got around to rewiring this over the weekend. It definitely makes a difference. The sound seems more natural, less boomy, bass is more fully integrated with the music. Not easy to describe, but very glad I made the change. I don't listen super loud, typically volume is set between 12-18, but that's plenty loud enough for me with this setup (RF amp, LC2i, Alpine Type R sub, JL front door and center dash speakers).

piterek thanked this.
  4. piterek

piterek Member

First Name:
    Peter
    Car(s):
    2019 Civic Hatch Sport Touring
    Well, well... shoulda kept my head up and read the thread fully. The boomy, droning/delayed bass is what I've been trying to tune out of the system for some days now. Easy enough fix, but man... what an awkward audio system in this car. Thanks.