Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No this is not the turbo power blog. I know I know we will get to that soon. But this my team and I believe is just as important. So I took some time this weekend to put together this simple little write up on fuel trims.

Both here on the forum and in other channels of social media I have seen lots of people talking about fuel trims. Especially when the topic of intakes and which one to buy comes up. However in all the talks about fuel trims no one has even bothered to take the time to educate the community and tell them what they are. So i put this together to help spread some knowledge and help the consumer make a more informed decision.

For some this maybe nothing new to them and for others this could be the first time they have heard about it. Regardless of who you are take a look and please leave your thoughts below.

Cheers

https://www.27won.com/blog/yeah-but-what-are-your-fuel-trims
Sponsored

ElementalHonda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Coupe, 2010 Accord Crosstour, 2008 Civic LX Coupe(Totaled), 2005 Acura TL(Sold), 1996 Accord EX Coupe
Country flag
Very informative. A great read for anyone who wants to know more about your car's fuel system and where you want to be. :)

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for the info. AFRs have made sense to me for a long time... but fuel trims have been a 'smile and nod' topic for me since I've been on these forums... and hadn't done any (modern) tuning in the past.

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
Thanks for the info. AFRs have made sense to me for a long time... but fuel trims have been a 'smile and nod' topic for me since I've been on these forums... and hadn't done any (modern) tuning in the past.
Ditto - this was a great explanation they posted.

I'm on the Hondata +9 map, and my STFT is 0% but my LTFT is 3%. Now I know why these are worth monitoring.

d1zguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT Premium
Country flag
Also worthwhile to keep in mind that Honda aims for 0-7% stft's or ltft's when tuning the MAF scale in their hondas.

In other words they don't do such a great job. I've had to increase the maf scale by 3.5% in spots to get it within 0-5%
Sponsored