Wot at 3400 rpm is ok in every gear!

Vortexhunter thanked this.
  2. ez12a

ez12a Senior Member

Car(s):
    18 CW Type R
    #32 ez12a, Mar 31, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2018
    not saying the type R is prone to this, but i've read mazdaspeed3 forums where they've blown up simply from using cruise control on an inclined freeway. We've come a long way for turbos to be so common place, i would hope they have engineered out some of these weaknesses.

Personally/subjectively, my car feels best pulling above 3500. A question i ask myself, would an auto transmission downshift to do this pull? if so, then i might as well downshift too. You dont really hear about turbo equipped autos blowing, because well they downshift when they need to.

Micah thanked this.
  3. Micah

Micah Senior Member

Car(s):
    '17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
    Unless you want faster accelleration in which case you would typically downshift from overdriven gears.... assuming you care enough to know your ratios

4. UFO CTR

UFO CTR Senior Member

Car(s):
    2017 CTR#1348
    Don't listen to these guys C, specially the guy with 37 mpg...you know that guys doesn't even touch the gas peddle with that kind of mpg! Your dealer is already fixing you problem...so no big deal! there are real people on this forum that want to help and not talk shit!!

5. B3nji_Fc1

B3nji_Fc1 New Member

First Name:
    Benji
    Car(s):
    2018 Civic Si

Hey bro I’m having the same exact issue but it happens to me on 4th

I’m Im FBO 27won turbo and built motor/ idk if it’s low pressure fuel pump that’s going bad or maybe I have a bad fuel line, I was thinking of upgrading to a aem 340 fuel pump, but trying to figure out how to fix the issue

6. ExileAeterna

ExileAeterna Senior Member

US Naval Officer
    First Name:
    Dylan
    Car(s):
    2018 Civic Type R
    OP, any more problems after replacing the pump? Im having the same issues now with bolt ons and a tune. Honda said I've probably reached the limit of the pump (dumb considering im only about 380HP and 400TQ.) They wont warranty the part obviously because of the tune and parts. All three times I got this error was passing someone full throttle on a slight uphill in about 4th gear. RPMs were probably about 3-4k.

7. OP
    OP
    Raw 381

Raw 381 Senior Member

First Name:
    Chris
    Car(s):
    1995 Integra w JDM ITR 98 spec, 2017 Civic Type R

Since you’re deep in mods I’d go ahead and just replace your high pressure fuel pump. That’s most likely the issue

8. OP
    OP
    Raw 381

Raw 381 Senior Member

First Name:
    Chris
    Car(s):
    1995 Integra w JDM ITR 98 spec, 2017 Civic Type R

No this HPFP was replaced back then under warranty. Haven’t had an issue since, currently on custom tune running vp101 pump with 5 track days and about 6k miles in so far so good. I’m at 368whp and 361wtq which my tuner said is the safe limit. So if you’re popping HPFP’s at 400 then he was right lol