Fuel gauge and range acting weird

L8apex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SGP Sport
Country flag
So this just came up. Usually when I fill up the tank on my Sport (about 10-11 gal), the range is almost always 400-415 miles. This time I filled it up, over 10 gallons, full bars on the fuel gauge, but the range only showed 350 miles. It gets weirder. I've been driving and the range is going down accordingly (now it shows 320 miles), but the fuel gauge is still maxed, a couple of bars above F.

Anyone else experience this? I'll keep an eye on it until my next fill up. FYI it's a 2018 with 12k miles on it.
Sponsored

nuowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic SI
Country flag
So this just came up. Usually when I fill up the tank on my Sport (about 10-11 gal), the range is almost always 400-415 miles. This time I filled it up, over 10 gallons, full bars on the fuel gauge, but the range only showed 350 miles. It gets weirder. I've been driving and the range is going down accordingly (now it shows 320 miles), but the fuel gauge is still maxed, a couple of bars above F.

Anyone else experience this? I'll keep an eye on it until my next fill up. FYI it's a 2018 with 12k miles on it.
Do you reset the MPG calculator for each fillup? Bad fuel economy with the previous tank maybe?

OP
OP
L8apex

L8apex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SGP Sport
Country flag
Do you reset the MPG calculator for each fillup? Bad fuel economy with the previous tank maybe?
I reset the trip odometer every fillup. Not sure how to reset the mpg calculator.

Yeah I have a long commute. But carpooling now so that should keep the mileage low.

nuowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic SI
Country flag
I reset the trip odometer every fillup. Not sure how to reset the mpg calculator.

Yeah I have a long commute. But carpooling now so that should keep the mileage low.
I'd think the range calculator would be based on the trip meter, and the calculated MPG for the trip. I've never reset of mine, so A and B and total are all within 2/10 of a mile pf each other. My showing MPG is 40.2 for the 7,000 miles, which I assume is based on the total of whichever meter I'm looking at. Do you see a difference between the A and B trips?
Sponsored