• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 16, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 16, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

FS: 2018 CW Type R - 1,800 Miles, PA

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ugh. I hope that the OP puts you on his watch list so that whenever you post anything in the classifieds, he can chime in and claim that it's overpriced, whether it is or not. What gives?

This is a free country. No one has to buy from him, and he doesn't have to sell to anyone in particular. If the price is not fair, don't buy it - that's the best way to lower the asking price. Furthermore, don't fancy yourself to be the savior of oblivious buyers.

You can't say he is trying to rip anyone off when I have seen multiple listings of 2017s and 2018s (here and on online used car platforms) asking more than the original MSRP in the last couple of months. Now, have any of them been actually sold for the initial asking price? Who knows. That's irrelevant. The point is that the price being asked by the OP is in the ballpark and thus it cannot fairly be characterized as trying to rip off someone.

Sorry but I get perturbed whenever I see someone post in the classifieds that a seller's asking price is not a good price. Don't respond, don't post, we are all adults here. In 2019, doing research on FMV of a car is so friggin' simple.

/rant
I remember seeing a 2017 with somewhere near 20K miles going for $39K. Meanwhile, I bought my 2018 new at MSRP. OP’s asking price is very fair considering the low amount of miles on it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
CorbinDallas

CorbinDallas

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR Champion White
Country flag
Thank you. I couldn’t have said it better myself.

Donuyen18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda s2000
Country flag
Ugh. I hope that the OP puts you on his watch list so that whenever you post anything in the classifieds, he can chime in and claim that it's overpriced, whether it is or not. What gives?

This is a free country. No one has to buy from him, and he doesn't have to sell to anyone in particular. If the price is not fair, don't buy it - that's the best way to force the seller to lower the asking price. Furthermore, don't fancy yourself to be the savior of oblivious buyers.

You can't say he is trying to rip anyone off when I have seen multiple listings of 2017s and 2018s (here and on online used car platforms) asking more than the original MSRP in the last couple of months. Now, have any of them been actually sold for the initial asking price? Who knows. That's irrelevant. The point is that the price being asked by the OP is in the ballpark and thus it cannot fairly be characterized as trying to rip off someone. BTW, go check on KBB, Edmonds, Black Book, etc. - pretty sure that the OP's car would be $35K-ish in listed private sale value.

Sorry but I get perturbed whenever I see someone post in the classifieds that a seller's asking price is not a good price. Don't respond, don't post, we are all adults here. In 2019, doing research on FMV of a car is so friggin' simple.

/rant
There is something to be said about warning fellow buyers about potentially being ripped off but that Rob dude was just being a totally ass. Finding a Type R at MSRP in Socal with no add ons? You have a better chance of getting no traffic on the 405. To the OP? Only 1800 miles? Thats insane! Thats less then a month of driving for the average person. This car is almost new. Best of luck to you.

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE USA-367, 2011 Civic Si (FA5)
Country flag
Great asking price. Carvana sells used CTRs for more than MSRP on a regular basis. I wouldn't pay any attention to someone barking about how easy it is to find a CTR at MSRP when they don't even own a CTR...:banghead:

kevv_FK8

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R, 2022 Honda Pilot SE, 2013 Honda Civic
Country flag
Great asking price. Carvana sells used CTRs for more than MSRP on a regular basis. I wouldn't pay any attention to someone barking about how easy it is to find a CTR at MSRP when they don't even own a CTR...:banghead:
plus he missed out on a hell of a deal if he didn't grab that "new" type R for below sticker....wait, ...he still bought the Si. That's because that Type R never existed lol.

Mick the Quick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Civic Type R (R-08508)
Country flag
Also, be mindful that a dealer can offer a CTR for MSRP, but when you actually show up at the dealership to buy it, you often will be told that one got sold to a guy who left 7 minutes before you came in (“Oh, but don’t fret, we have another one coming in, but that one’s $40,000, just because”), or that you *must* purchase the *preinstalled* Protection Package of scotch guard, rust proofing, purple tint, Lo-Jack, cargo tray, nitro, 3rd party extended warranty, and a wheel and tire warranty, for $6,000. I know more than a handful of dealers who use this type of “technique” to claim that they only sell CTR’s at MSRP.

Are there honest dealers selling CTRs at true MSRP? Of course. But those are few and far between, almost non-existent in major metropolitan areas. Flying to East Bum Funk USA to buy a CTR is not a bad idea, because many of them don’t try to rip you off (that much).

Stealers gonna steal, ya know.

P.S., Congrats OP!
Sponsored