• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 16, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 16, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

FS: 2017 Civic Type-R

fallenangel1

First Name
Angel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LR AWD Tesla Model 3
Country flag
It looks like I will be losing my job, so I am looking to sell my Polished Metal Metallic '17 Type-R, it has 280 miles on it and has been garaged in Greenfield, IN all winter. I live on the east side of Indianapolis and can arrange a meet up if anyone is interested. Not looking to make any $$ off the deal, I will probably end up taking a loss on the whole thing. If you want you can PM me here or email me directly at [email protected].

https://photos.app.goo.gl/UkdwsQayUUScgx312
Sponsored

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
FYI, if you post a price you'd probably have a stronger response. Good luck with sale.

OP
OP

fallenangel1

First Name
Angel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
FYI, if you post a price you'd probably have a stronger response. Good luck with sale.
Thanks, ideally to make me close to whole again I would love to get $37k, but given the recent increase in availability I am open to going lower, the lowest I could go would be around $34k.

OP
OP

fallenangel1

First Name
Angel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Did you get a CarMax quote already?
I have not, I have never sold a car to them before. I would assume that they would come in well under the $34k that I would need to pay the car off though. Does anyone know someone that has sold a Type-R to them and was willing to share what Carmax paid?

callmehandsum

First Name
Studmuffin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si, BMW 540i, Chevy Spark EV, Civic LX
You'd be surprised. It's an in-demand car. You may get close to that. Normally you'd be able to subtract 4k to 7k from the car prices you see on their website to get an idea how much they paid for that car but they currently don't have any type r's for sale.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I sold a WRX to Carmax after several weeks on the private market and speaking to several other dealers. They had the best offer.

It won't hurt to ask them.

Legato

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
I sold a WRX to Carmax after several weeks on the private market and speaking to several other dealers. They had the best offer.

It won't hurt to ask them.

I second this. It's free and you can always say no. Best of luck with the sale!

OP
OP

fallenangel1

First Name
Angel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I will give it a shot, I will try and get the car out and take it up there this weekend. Thanks!

OP
OP

fallenangel1

First Name
Angel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So I just got back from CarMax and it was a no-go, they offered $32k and I owe more than that. :(

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I just got back from CarMax and it was a no-go, they offered $32k and I owe more than that. :(
I recently traded my sport hatchback for an Si. Before trading, I got a quote from Carmax. I was expecting $17k+, and they only offered $13.4k. The dealer offered $18.5k but if you adjust the numbers back to where they were before they played with them, they really paid about $17.5k for it. I guess my point is that CarMax can be hit or miss, but it never hurts to ask.

OP
OP

fallenangel1

First Name
Angel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It's always worth checking, you never know. I called ahead just to try and get an idea, and they said that it would be around what was listed as trade-in on KBB. Which was great as it was around $34-35k, and I would have taken that. Sadly it just did not work out this time.

callmehandsum

First Name
Studmuffin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si, BMW 540i, Chevy Spark EV, Civic LX
It's always worth checking, you never know. I called ahead just to try and get an idea, and they said that it would be around what was listed as trade-in on KBB. Which was great as it was around $34-35k, and I would have taken that. Sadly it just did not work out this time.
Yeah that sucks. I get the sense your heart is not into selling it. So you kinda have two choices, the first is that the offer is so close that maybe it'd be worth just cutting your losses now. At least it'd be over with. Option two is listing it at your absolute lowest price, $34k. Give it however long you can, sell it to CarMax when you can no longer wait. Either way, both choices suck. Sorry man.
Sponsored