• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 16, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 16, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

FS: 18x9.5 +38 TE37SL (5x120) Titanium Gunmetal NEW IN BOX

Number 215

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
and theres tons of people tracking on this site, the pictures i posted are all members on here. And they do ACTUAL track racing, not glorified parking lot runs autox.
here's the spoon and mugen cars who run oem style suspension still as well with 9.5" +45ish or lower offset wheels. Guess those guys don't know what theyre doing either and make monkey marketing slower than oem cars ... guess ill trust "baldheadracing" on civicx instead!
38689125441_1bf41ff133_b.jpg

mugen-civic-hatch-tokyo-19-jpg.jpg
Wowza. Wanted to give you some time to let that vein in your forehead calm down a little bit....
All I'm saying (again) is for people to do the research.
There are conflicting views on this offset topic, as I've illustrated above, so just be aware of that.
Nobody said those guys don't know what they're doing.
I mean damn homies.... maybe we should pick a less emotional topic, like politics, religion, gun control, or abortion lmao
We're all just trying to help each other :)
Sponsored

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda CTR, 2022 Range Rover , 1990 CRX SI
Country flag
We are trying to tell you there isn’t any change in what you’re saying.

I tracked it with stock wheels once (mistake those tires weren’t loving life) and have since tracked it a few times on lower than 45 offset wheels. There is zero difference and this was on thunderhill west which is the shorter, lower speed more technical track and thunderhill east higher speed. Don’t believe everything you read on the internet.

bri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2010 G37S
Country flag
Wowza. Wanted to give you some time to let that vein in your forehead calm down a little bit....
All I'm saying (again) is for people to do the research.
There are conflicting views on this offset topic, as I've illustrated above, so just be aware of that.
Nobody said those guys don't know what they're doing.
I mean damn homies.... maybe we should pick a less emotional topic, like politics, religion, gun control, or abortion lmao
We're all just trying to help each other :)
Wowza is right, strong opinions, but good to hear track people actually use these and not just for the STANCE-LYFE. So the answer is yes low offset Volks work well. GLWS to OP.

I don't have expertise to speak on it, but I think it's a bit much how snarky people are getting without pointing out the difference in discussion between torque steer and handling. As far as I understand, torque steer is just force put upon the steering wheel and has nothing to do with how the car handles.

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
I wonder how these would look on ABM...

Very tempted

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Wowza is right, strong opinions, but good to hear track people actually use these and not just for the STANCE-LYFE. So the answer is yes low offset Volks work well. GLWS to OP.

I don't have expertise to speak on it, but I think it's a bit much how snarky people are getting without pointing out the difference in discussion between torque steer and handling. As far as I understand, torque steer is just force put upon the steering wheel and has nothing to do with how the car handles.
We are saying they don’t add anything to torque steer either. You’re spreading misinformation based off one article you read and zero experience or proof. Stop spreading misinformation is what we are saying. Zero noticeable increase in torque steer. Not sure how clear to make it the one article you read was wrong and written by a desk jockey looking for content.

jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R
Country flag
and theres tons of people tracking on this site, the pictures i posted are all members on here. And they do ACTUAL track racing, not glorified parking lot runs autox.
here's the spoon and mugen cars who run oem style suspension still as well with 9.5" +45ish or lower offset wheels. Guess those guys don't know what theyre doing either and make monkey marketing slower than oem cars ... guess ill trust "baldheadracing" on civicx instead!
38689125441_1bf41ff133_b.jpg

mugen-civic-hatch-tokyo-19-jpg.jpg
I thought spoon were running 40 offset :)

Torque Steer?

Honda Civic 10th gen FS: 18x9.5 +38 TE37SL  (5x120) Titanium Gunmetal NEW IN BOX 4C2CD19E-2FF0-4FD2-8819-C5BB1F034515

bri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2010 G37S
Country flag
We are saying they don’t add anything to torque steer either. You’re spreading misinformation based off one article you read and zero experience or proof. Stop spreading misinformation is what we are saying. Zero noticeable increase in torque steer. Not sure how clear to make it the one article you read was wrong and written by a desk jockey looking for content.
Get off your high horse cowboy. I didn't post any article so get off my ass and stop garbaging up this sale listing.

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Get off your high horse cowboy. I didn't post any article so get off my ass and stop garbaging up this sale listing.
Says the guy who keeps coming back. I’m not on a high horse I just don’t like people spreading BS. I mention the article because there has only been one mentioning what you’re talking about so it’s clearly where it came from.

OP
OP

paikman

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F80 M3, 1993 240sx
Country flag
SOLD.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR, F80 M3, S2000
Country flag
Says the guy who keeps coming back. I’m not on a high horse I just don’t like people spreading BS. I mention the article because there has only been one mentioning what you’re talking about so it’s clearly where it came from.
First, I am not in one camp or the other. The present of minimally induced torque steer (if there is any) is objective and the feeling of it is somewhat subjective. There are as many owners claiming the present of torque steer with their lower offset wheels as people who claim not. Your opinion is just as valid as the other owners. Why is yours must be correct while others' are wrong?

I don't see @bri spreading misinformation. He was just pointing out that people should do their own research and decide for themselves.

Number 215

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Higher offset will reduce torque steer. The stock OEM rims are +60 offset - there have been many discussions on lower offset wheels increasing the scrub radius which may affect torque steer. RSR to my knowledge has not offered anything above +40 for CTR fitment.

ctrmofo said: ↑
yes, you WILL rub even with the camber arms. in our group's review, 265/35/18 on 18x9.5+41 wheels, spc camber arms, and swift springs (same lowering height as sport lines here) and they rubbed on the inside and outside.

spc camber arms were set at -2.5 degs camber on the rear after realignment. they are able to get you to max -3.0 degs camber but too much for daily street and uneven tire wear so were set at -2.5 deg.

read the review i just replied above and note the rubbing.

if you want to be safe and not have to ghetto cut or trim your fenders, here's the guidance we've been giving folks - regardless if you're using prokit, spoon, h&r....or lower springs of swift and sport line:

- do not go less than +45mm wheel offset, you will also get dramatic increase in torque steer straight line and in corners.

- do not go more than 265mm tire width and ideally stay within 265/35/18 (assuming 18" wheels).

- install the spc/eibach camber arms for adjustability.

on tires not all 265mm are the same...compare the tread width and equally important the sectional width. you'll find that it varies from tire mfg and model to another.

enjoy!

(Juss sayin')

OP
OP

paikman

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F80 M3, 1993 240sx
Country flag
(Juss sayin')
And there's 30+ people I can list who actually track and daily their cars and are fine with these setups. once again, stop internet mechanic'ing and look at what's really happening. anyways sold! Thanks.

baldheadracing

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
First of all, congrats on the sale. Those are really nice wheels. I wouldn't have posted otherwise, but as I've been quoted ...

For the record, my Time Attack wheels are ET42 (rules-limited). Wider wheels require lower offsets; that's just geometry and suspension clearance. OTOH, my winter wheels are ET60.

As for torque steer: https://global.honda/innovation/technology/automobile/Dual-axis-strut-suspension-picturebook.html
Sponsored