Threads
Reaction score
Website
200sx.kicks-ass.net
Vehicle(s)
CTR 2017, Volvo V70
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Does anyone have a recommendation of a good fitting front window heat shield? The one that you put in when you have parked your car. Ok fitting and no sharp edges that make marks every time you use it.
Sponsored

Divisi0n

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Sonic Grey Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
The fold-up Covercraft ones are the way to go.

MonkeyBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #680 CW, 2011 Mazdaspeed 3
Country flag

HBKEAZY!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR
Country flag
If you can, get the whole windshield tinted. 70% or 50% if you can. Stops a lot of the heat coming in from the front and it reduces the glare off incoming traffic. 70% is not noticeable at all it’s just for protection. Now the 50% is slightly darker from the outside and from a certain distance and angles it looks a few shades darker. I can still see everything fine it’s not blurry or anything like that. I have done this to all my cars I can’t be with out tint in the front.

EmBloom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2dr EXT 16
Country flag
If you can, get the whole windshield tinted. 70% or 50% if you can. Stops a lot of the heat coming in from the front and it reduces the glare off incoming traffic. 70% is not noticeable at all it’s just for protection. Now the 50% is slightly darker from the outside and from a certain distance and angles it looks a few shades darker. I can still see everything fine it’s not blurry or anything like that. I have done this to all my cars I can’t be with out tint in the front.
Mind sharing some pics

23Red

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 FK8, '06 AP2
Country flag
I was going to suggest this but I figured OP was looking for something a little more economical. I tinted my windshield with Pinnacle F1 50% and it cuts out a ton of heat. I live in the south and I rarely have to use my sun screen. I kinda wish I went 70% because it looks darker than I thought from the outside but from the inside vision isn't impaired at all. I don't drive much at night so I can't comment on night vision.

civicortez

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Another one here with the covercraft, amazing product would recommend! Easy to put on and remove, folds up to a decent size that can fit in any position inside the car

toddrhodes

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CTR #16979, '18 Odyssey
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I keep trying to find the Covercraft on Amazon but am failing. Anyone have a link to where they bought theirs?

civicortez

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I keep trying to find the Covercraft on Amazon but am failing. Anyone have a link to where they bought theirs?
You actually have to buy one for the civic sedan , they don’t “make” one for the Type R but every 10th gen civic has the same size windshield size so don’t worry it will fit :)

Boni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
These covercraft ones are expensive, I did find a used 2 piece one from a 4 door 2012-2015 civic. Shipping is a bit expensive but it's still cheaper. Anyone know if it would fit a 2018 coupe? It's half the cost of a new one but don't want to spend that much only to find out it doesn't fit.

CTR_MIKE

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Country flag
Does anyone have a recommendation of a good fitting front window heat shield? The one that you put in when you have parked your car. Ok fitting and no sharp edges that make marks every time you use it.
Weathertech can be used in summer/winter (double sided)
Sponsored