Front "vent" aftermarket DRL wiring question. (hatchback)

V-Angelus01

First Name
Vangelo Bitoy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I recently ordered this drl front vent replacement: https://www.ebay.ca/itm/For-Honda-C...RL-fog-lamp-/183590001497?txnId=1979224440008

currently waiting for it to arrive. so im trying to prepare as much as i can.

Im wondering if i should splice its white light with the DRL of the headlights or splice it with the fog lights?

anyone have this on their hatchback? how did you wire it? Always on when engine/acc mode is on? Or only On when fog lights are on? what do you think?

i have no issues with how im gonna wire it with the signal lights though. that was pretty straight forward.
Sponsored

mrturtle8088

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
I recently ordered this drl front vent replacement: https://www.ebay.ca/itm/For-Honda-C...RL-fog-lamp-/183590001497?txnId=1979224440008

currently waiting for it to arrive. so im trying to prepare as much as i can.

Im wondering if i should splice its white light with the DRL of the headlights or splice it with the fog lights?

anyone have this on their hatchback? how did you wire it? Always on when engine/acc mode is on? Or only On when fog lights are on? what do you think?

i have no issues with how im gonna wire it with the signal lights though. that was pretty straight forward.
I did this to my sedan but with different lights. I wired the white lights to the DRL but they only turn on when I turn the switch. I wanted it to always be on when the drl are on but this is better because you don’t really need those extra lights to be on when there is light out cause you can’t really see them on. They look amazing at night though. This is an old photo when I first installed them.

Honda Civic 10th gen Front "vent" aftermarket DRL wiring question. (hatchback) F34898D3-FA38-4955-B7A8-0FCBCD7462D5

OP
OP
V-Angelus01

V-Angelus01

First Name
Vangelo Bitoy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I did this to my sedan but with different lights. I wired the white lights to the DRL but they only turn on when I turn the switch. I wanted it to always be on when the drl are on but this is better because you don’t really need those extra lights to be on when there is light out cause you can’t really see them on. They look amazing at night though. This is an old photo when I first installed them.

F34898D3-FA38-4955-B7A8-0FCBCD7462D5.png
what switch are you talking about? fog lamps switch? or you have a seperate switch for your DRL?

mrturtle8088

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
what switch are you talking about? fog lamps switch? or you have a seperate switch for your DRL?
The ones you turn on the lights with. Cause on mine it has the
the light control switch. I turn it to the parking lights one and it turns on the white lights and the fog light halos without turning on the low beams My car didn’t come with fog lights so I added them by buying the stock harness.But I have a different button that turns on the foglights. Some cars have a button or a switch to turn on the foglights.