Front Underbody Spoiler Damaged

alpineshepherd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Hey everyone. I went through a different automated carwash than my usual (same company & system as far as I can tell) and noticed my front spoiler hanging off the bumper today. I know, I know I should wash by hand but recently moved and don't have an easy place to do so.

Anyway, on the front I can see a few slots on the bumper where the spoiler tabs should be slotted into. I haven't been able to pull those into place in the few minutes I had to check it out, but I'm more concerned about the side.

There are two clips that plug from the inside of the bumper down into the spoiler. The one closer to the wheel seems fairly secure in the bumper slot, but the one toward the front came out completely; when I tried to put it back it is super loose, so I think the slot was damaged. It will lock firmly into the spiker slot, however.

What are my options? The install looks complicated and with the loose front slot on the bumper, I'm not sure I will ever be able to secure that clip back. Should I try to just reattach the back one and hope for the best going forward? Even that may be difficult.

I'm sorrier the dealer will say the whole bumper needs replaced. Any advice? Thanks all.
Honda Civic 10th gen Front Underbody Spoiler Damaged IMG_20170726_132941836
Honda Civic 10th gen Front Underbody Spoiler Damaged IMG_20170726_132904796
Honda Civic 10th gen Front Underbody Spoiler Damaged IMG_20170726_132917440

savagemmanuel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Hi I know this question was asked a couple years ago, but this exact situation happened to me recently. by any chance can you explain how you fixed this?!

OP
OP

alpineshepherd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Hi I know this question was asked a couple years ago, but this exact situation happened to me recently. by any chance can you explain how you fixed this?!
Hey actually I ended up taking it to a local body shop. They fixed it up within a few minutes no charge. Sorry that's not a lot of help but wouldn't hurt going somewhere reputable and asking!

That diagram is useful, too.
Sponsored