First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can the front logo be removed without breaking it? How exactly is it held in place?
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like you can just pry it off carefully using a credit card and wrapped screwdriver. Here's a Youtube vid with tips for removing the front and rear emblems...

PrettyFly4A_Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Swapped my emblems this afternoon without breaking either of the OEM ones. I highly recommend a pry-tool set (like $10 on Amazon). Just go slow and work the pins out.

Honda Civic 10th gen front logo removal? 05AD2699-D8A6-4FF1-9D5D-BFEBEBA71528

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rickmeister 48

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Those little nut type things,do they stay attached to the grill when I pull the emblem off, or ate they gonna fall off. I'm just trying to make sure I don't need to remove the grill to put it back on.

PrettyFly4A_Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Those little nut type things,do they stay attached to the grill when I pull the emblem off, or ate they gonna fall off. I'm just trying to make sure I don't need to remove the grill to put it back on.
I did not remove the Grille. The posts pull through to the front. Or if you’re unlucky, they break off and fill into the plastic dust guard below.

OP
OP
Rickmeister 48

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ok, so it wasn't possible to get it off without breaking it. Luckily ,I was smart enough to have a new one ready just in case. :)
However,it doesn't seem like the pieces that will hold it in from the back are still there,I'm hoping when I push it in it will hold. Ill find out after I'm done dipping it in a few hours.

PrettyFly4A_Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Ok, so it wasn't possible to get it off without breaking it. Luckily ,I was smart enough to have a new one ready just in case. :)
However,it doesn't seem like the pieces that will hold it in from the back are still there,I'm hoping when I push it in it will hold. Ill find out after I'm done dipping it in a few hours.
I mean.. as noted above, it is absolutely possible. But is it realistic for everyone? Probably not. Not to mention after all that work to get them off without breaking.. I proceeded to throw them away anyways.

Dimitron84

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag
I mean.. as noted above, it is absolutely possible. But is it realistic for everyone? Probably not. Not to mention after all that work to get them off without breaking.. I proceeded to throw them away anyways.
Lmao I was wondering why everyone cares to get them off carefully, if your getting the JDM emblem it covers the entire area anyway, as far as reinstalling original.... Good luck, I feel the pins and rear clip was only thing really holding it, the tape part came right off and doubtfully will hold it in place, if you want black emblems then just buy them, or try to dip it while it's on the car.

OP
OP
Rickmeister 48

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Lmao I was wondering why everyone cares to get them off carefully, if your getting the JDM emblem it covers the entire area anyway, as far as reinstalling original.... Good luck, I feel the pins and rear clip was only thing really holding it, the tape part came right off and doubtfully will hold it in place, if you want black emblems then just buy them, or try to dip it while it's on the car.
I dipped it while on the car and because it wouldn't snap off like it should,it left an edge that just kept lifting and lifting. Figured if I dipped the front and back ,with no edges it will last longer. I'm doing it in a pearl red so I can't just buy that. God I hope it goes back on ok,lol

OP
OP
Rickmeister 48

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I meant impossible for me,lol. It was in there so tight, I had it lifted less than a 1/4 inch and it just snapped the pin.

PrettyFly4A_Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I meant impossible for me,lol. It was in there so tight, I had it lifted less than a 1/4 inch and it just snapped the pin.
But on the other hand, if it wasn’t tight, people would be up in arms about Honda making loose badges and possible rattles. So I guess in the end, you can’t always have your cake and eat it too.
Sponsored