Chupacabra519

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic HB Sport (ABM)
Country flag
I got my car serviced yesterday for some small problems I noticed after purchase, but my front bumper seemed normal so I didn't bring it up. Today, there was a gap and I could see the clips, but the only observation I can make is that it was a hot sunny day - is it possible this issue worsens when the bumper is in direct sunlight? I could be going crazy here lol. Either way I took pics and I'll be sending it to my local Honda to get their thoughts.
Sponsored

hydensiq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback
I got my car serviced yesterday for some small problems I noticed after purchase, but my front bumper seemed normal so I didn't bring it up. Today, there was a gap and I could see the clips, but the only observation I can make is that it was a hot sunny day - is it possible this issue worsens when the bumper is in direct sunlight? I could be going crazy here lol. Either way I took pics and I'll be sending it to my local Honda to get their thoughts.
Let us know what they say! :)

Chupacabra519

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Let us know what they say! :)
I have an appointment scheduled for next Tuesday - will update once they look at it. They haven't heard of the issue yet happening on any other cars.

CrazyALee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX hatchback
Country flag
I think the heat can contribute, since its a plastic piece. I have the hatchback which comes with the black grill, dont know if its maybe more apparent on some hatchbacks since black colors generally attract more heat = easier to warp/stretch.

hydensiq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think the heat can contribute, since its a plastic piece. I have the hatchback which comes with the black grill, dont know if its maybe more apparent on some hatchbacks since black colors generally attract more heat = easier to warp/stretch.
Ya it seems to be tad bit more noticeable on hot ass day, But the Civic Type R had the exact gap too in the showroom. After talking to a few people and mechanics, it's just the way honda's clips are for these, unless they update the clips (they probably won't unless it becomes a safety issue), I think we are up to our own if it bothers us. OR you have an amazing dealership that is nice enough to fix it for you. :)

Chupacabra519

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ya it seems to be tad bit more noticeable on hot ass day, But the Civic Type R had the exact gap too in the showroom. After talking to a few people and mechanics, it's just the way honda's clips are for these, unless they update the clips (they probably won't unless it becomes a safety issue), I think we are up to our own if it bothers us. OR you have an amazing dealership that is nice enough to fix it for you. :)
I'd be pissed if I forked out the cheddar for a Type R and part of the bumper is coming out, not that it makes it any better that a $30K vehicle (in Canada) should have the same flaw. I don't personally care how they fix it, whether it be 3M tape, adhesive, or even bending the clips like someone on this thread did, as long as it stops it from popping out. Sure I could take on the "fix" myself, but I shouldn't have to fix a silly design flaw on a new vehicle I just purchased, which is why I'll push my local Honda dealer to do it. Besides, they won't cover my butt if I mess up fixing it myself.

hydensiq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'd be pissed if I forked out the cheddar for a Type R and part of the bumper is coming out, not that it makes it any better that a $30K vehicle (in Canada) should have the same flaw. I don't personally care how they fix it, whether it be 3M tape, adhesive, or even bending the clips like someone on this thread did, as long as it stops it from popping out. Sure I could take on the "fix" myself, but I shouldn't have to fix a silly design flaw on a new vehicle I just purchased, which is why I'll push my local Honda dealer to do it. Besides, they won't cover my butt if I mess up fixing it myself.
Ya, hope your dealership can fix it. Hell, we are both in ONT. we should call honda Canada directly as well. LOL.

DMP84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Country flag
So far the one fix that someone posted on the forums included taking off the bumper and "modifying" the black tabs on the grille with a heat gun to catch the back of the bumper. This is something that I will attempt eventually. My dealer said the only official fix is a completely new bumper cover, which myself can't do because I have PPF on it. But I agree it is more noticeable on hot days.

Dredogol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
OMG... YES! :bat:

I just noticed this a few weeks ago and plan on telling my dealership my front bumper/grill is not clipped in anymore.
Worries me my bumper will rip off from the wind while driving on the freeway.

I've had the car for 10 months now (2017 Civic Hatchback) but didn't notice it until I was cleaning my car just recently.

Dredogol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
OMG... YES! :bat:

I just noticed this a few weeks ago and plan on telling my dealership my front bumper/grill is not clipped in anymore.
Worries me my bumper will rip off from the wind while driving on the freeway.

I've had the car for 10 months now (2017 Civic Hatchback) but didn't notice it until I was cleaning my car just recently.

Chupacabra519

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Getting my front bumper piece replaced, let's see if this will work in my case. Funny though, as I was walking off the lot after dropping off my car, I walked by the other hatcback's on the lot, noticed a couple other cars with the same issue.

DMP84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Nice, I assume they are replacing the front bumper cover not the grille as it's the bumper with the broken "tabs" same at the dealership by me can walk by few cars on the lot and some have it some don't.

Good luck

Chupacabra519

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Whatever you want to call the black part with the Honda logo on it lol - at least that's what I understood.

DMP84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That's not going to fix it, it's the small tabs on the bumper cover itself that break off that leaves the black grille nothing to latch onto.

Chupacabra519

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I don't have my hopes up - but we'll see what my local Honda dealer can do. Maybe they've already been instructed to fix it however they can, even if it involves using 3M trim tape. I'd rather them waste their time and money rather than me.
Sponsored