Jay.DeVries

Yee Yee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Honda Civic 10th gen Front grille coming apart. image_zpszzl0uwqf

Honda Civic 10th gen Front grille coming apart. IMG_2797_zpsuxhl9al

So, as the title says, the front grille is coming apart. Curious if anyone else has had the same issue or if anyone has taken it apart and might know what the issue is. It almost acts as tho it is supposed to clip in but you can push it in and nothing happens. Not only is the plastic piece coming off but the rubber in between is trying to come off too.

Last edited:

camhabib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Porsche 911, 2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Haven't had this issue, but some have had a similar one with the trunk trim. I'm sure if you bring it by the dealer they can install a new clip / trim piece for you. I'd ask if there was any chance you / someone else hit it, but I feel like any impact hard enough to damage a clip would have left some kind of paint damage.

PandaXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EX-T with Honda Sensing
Country flag
it seems like you probably removed it to paint it black and that might be an issue there

OP
OP
Jay.DeVries

Jay.DeVries

Yee Yee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it seems like you probably removed it to paint it black and that might be an issue there
It is just plasti dip and I didn't have to remove it. I just masked it off

Ben&Jen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Cosmic
I will say this, do not use a towel with loops. I use a synthetic shammy. The loops catch this corner here real easy. It's really pointy and sticks up a bit.

OP
OP
Jay.DeVries

Jay.DeVries

Yee Yee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I just got the car back from service. Apparently you need to be very careful with the front grille. The tabs that hold in on are actually part of the bumper cover not the grille. they told e it wasn't covered under warranty and I would have to get a whole new bumper cover and get it painted to fix it.

madroxinide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
So I just got the car back from service. Apparently you need to be very careful with the front grille. The tabs that hold in on are actually part of the bumper cover not the grille. they told e it wasn't covered under warranty and I would have to get a whole new bumper cover and get it painted to fix it.
Why wasn't it covered under warranty? How long have you had your car?

OP
OP
Jay.DeVries

Jay.DeVries

Yee Yee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They said it wasn't covered because they believe I tried to remove it. Even tho I didn't and I just masked it off and plasti dipped it.

madroxinide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
They said it wasn't covered because they believe I tried to remove it. Even tho I didn't and I just masked it off and plasti dipped it.
Oh man that sucks. Wonder if a different dealership would give you the benefit of the doubt.

OP
OP
Jay.DeVries

Jay.DeVries

Yee Yee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure. The worst part is I work for this dealership. So I was hoping they would.

OP
OP
Jay.DeVries

Jay.DeVries

Yee Yee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yea. I can get employee cost on fixing it and whatnot. But not covered under warranty

mno86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Yea. I can get employee cost on fixing it and whatnot. But not covered under warranty
That's some horse crap if I've ever heard it.

That exact area on my Touring is very loose. And I have never touched it outside of washing it.

Kokuryu2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe, 2016 HRV
Vehicle Showcase
Peal off the plasti dip and try a different dealer. Perhaps they wouldn't assume that you tried to remove it then and you could get this fixed under warranty. If you didn't try to remove it then they should be able to help you out.

slowride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Type-R
Country flag
Wow you work for the dealer and they won't help you out?! That seems pretty f'd up.
The service department is often times almost a completely different world even in the same dealership. That said, guys that work on either side know each other so I also find it odd they won't just slap a new one on there.
Sponsored