front & driver side camera Malaysia Kit

jedge1.8t

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 HST
Hi everyone, does the JDM spec LH passenger mirror have the lane watch camera?

Can anyone link me where to buy?

I been looking to purchase the Maxaudio’s REDBAT front camera kit, however not sure if it’s compatible with US radios. I heard they’re slightly different than JDM/Canada spec(no hdmi port).

I want to op for the 4 way converter so I can get front and driver side lane watch views.

Link: https://www.maxaudio.com.my/oem-plu...amera-kit-with-3-way-converter-rb-0088hc.html
Sponsored

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
OP
OP

jedge1.8t

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 HST
Not a fan of those, plus I have autodimming which I’d prefer to keep.

The kit comes with the redbat 3 way camera converter, which adds a capacitive latching button under your dash to turn on your front view.

I would swap out the 3 way and buy this, https://m.ebay.com/itm/Redbat-RB-04...859255?hash=item1ec29982b7:g:z78AAOSw2gxYuUgP

This converter actually comes with a button to switch side view or front, however I’d just tap into the left turn signal to automatically switch to the left side view, like my Right side is already.

OP
OP

jedge1.8t

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 HST
Something else I didn’t consider, you could add an inline loop back recorder so you can have dash cam footage being recorded as well.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
Is there anyway to get this displayed on the infotainment screen?
Yes --
You should be able to use your existing Honda Rear view Camera.
Your existing passenger side mirror camera.
Add a Front Camera .. (ideally the same as the Honda Reversing camera)
(the cheap China rear view cameras - you get what you pay for -- jerky video !!)
Add a Driver side Mirror Camera *
(* Becomes a little complicated if you use the same Camera part as the Passenger side Mirror : -- Fitting to the Mirror, Wiring -- and then Aiming)

Then with some cutting and splicing, you should be able to use something like that above Amazon device + few diodes on some of the control leads to prevent unwanted interaction between the camera control wires.

So yes, it is quite Possible -- the question may be -- is it worth all the work, especially for the Driver Mirror Cam, which some would say is completely redundant.

Add a DVR, and you could have complete monitoring of all your driving and parking.

Add a DVR, and if you are in an accident, and it's NOT your fault, you have some proof.

Add a DVR, and if you are in an accident, and it IS your fault, then there are all sort of legal pitfalls, especially if you DELETE the footage !!!

KingsR1213

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
I wonder if this front cam kit will work with type R?
Sponsored