Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
After even more seat time with Ktuner, it continues to impress. The only area where Hondata had it beat is in MPG's. It's pretty clear the Ktuner tune is more lively especially at part throttle. It's a fair tradeoff IMO.
Sponsored

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
After even more seat time with Ktuner, it continues to impress. The only area where Hondata had it beat is in MPG's. It's pretty clear the Ktuner tune is more lively especially at part throttle. It's a fair tradeoff IMO.
you said yourself the ktuner tune makes you want to go full throttle more often lol! So there go your MPGs, go back to driving normally and your MPGs will come back

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Dallas, you are 100% right. I definitely had been driving my car much harder than normal testing out my tunes.

So today on my way to work, I took it easy and used my 16psi "commuter" tune. Basically 7 miles on the highway between 60-68mph. Then about two miles in the 'burbs hitting one stoplight. Check out the results below.

Honda Civic 10th gen My KTuner experience - an ongoing journal IMG_20181011_092408

If you take it easy even with a Ktuner tune loaded, part throttle MPG's are great.:thumbsup:

marauderguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
Even with the 21psi Ktune, I can range anywhere from 46 to 49mpg on my daily 10 mile commute. The only time I run less boost (13psi eco) is for extended highway runs and for wintertime traction.

andyboyd102

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
My commute is 107 miles everyday and I'm running the ktuner software along with the ethanol converter at 40% ethanol..... I can easily get 47, 48mpg....... And half of my commute is stop and go traffic in the city.....@KTuner is awesome man

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
107 mile commute? Holy shit.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So, I drove to work on the 16psi tune again and saw a solid 44mpg. Driving home, I switched to my maxed out adjustment 21 psi tune. Drove a bit more aggressively and only got 33mpg but it was well worth it. "Eager" is the best way I can describe that tune. The lag is basically gone and it just goes.

At one point I had a very small window to move into the fast lane. An Acura was zooming up and I knew I had to goose it to get in there. Put my foot down and easily made the move. There was no hesitation, just a nice solid woosh of power. It feels like the car is powered by a much bigger normally aspirated engine with the maxed out 21.

I feel like there are two major differences between the Ktuner and Hondata tunes I ran. One, the ridiculously cool on the fly tune switching with the CC buttons. That feature right there is a big reason to buy Ktuner. And two, the ability to pretty much tune out the majority of the lag.

Last edited:

andyboyd102

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
So, I drove to work on the 16psi tune again and saw a solid 44mpg. Driving home, I switched to my maxed out adjustment 21 psi tune. Drove a bit more aggressively and only got 33mpg but it was well worth it. "Eager" is the best way I can describe that tune. The lag is basically gone and it just goes.

At one point I had a very small window to move into the fast lane. An Acura was zooming up and I knew I had to goose it to get in there. Put my foot down and easily made the move. There was no hesitation, just a nice solid woosh of power. It feels like the car is powered by a much bigger normally aspirated engine with the maxed out 21.

I feel like there are two major differences between the Ktuner and Hondata tunes I ran. One, the ridiculously cool on the fly tune switching with the CC buttons. That feature right there is a big reason to buy Ktuner. And two, the ability to pretty much tune out the majority of the lag.
You took the words right out of my mouth

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
A couple notes on my 16psi "commuter" tune.

I use this tune quite a bit on my congested drives back and forth to work. Now, I know a lot of people who don't own a Ktuner are probably thinking this is nothing more than the stock tune but in reality it's a different animal. It's the stock tune Honda should have used. Honda claims you'll hit 16psi but the truth is that rarely if ever happens. You're more likely to see maybe 13psi tops. The KTuner tune hits the the 16psi target everytime you put your foot down. Plus the adjustments for early spool and quicker throttle response and boost ramp means the car drives much better than stock. Night and day better.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A couple notes on my 16psi "commuter" tune.

I use this tune quite a bit on my congested drives back and forth to work. Now, I know a lot of people who don't own a Ktuner are probably thinking this is nothing more than the stock tune but in reality it's a different animal. It's the stock tune Honda should have used. Honda claims you'll hit 16psi but the truth is that rarely if ever happens. You're more likely to see maybe 13psi tops. The KTuner tune hits the the 16psi target everytime you put your foot down. Plus the adjustments for early spool and quicker throttle response and boost ramp means the car drives much better than stock. Night and day better.
Ive found myself using my map 3 in the on the fly map switching, thats where I have 16 psi map. Its great for cruising to work and saves me 2-3 mpgs over running my maxed 21 all the time.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So, I took the week off from work and have just been chilling. Drove the car for the first time in a couple days and all I can say is this car and Ktuner rock. I ran my on the fly 18psi map #2 (most quick adjustments maxed out) and the car was a champ. At one point, I made a U-turn with cars barreling down towards me at 65 mph. I just gave it about 2/3 throttle and the car went from about 10-65 mph rather quickly. No drama, no lag. Oh, did I mention I got 43mpg for the drive? :thumbsup:

andyboyd102

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
So, I took the week off from work and have just been chilling. Drove the car for the first time in a couple days and all I can say is this car and Ktuner rock. I ran my on the fly 18psi map #2 (most quick adjustments maxed out) and the car was a champ. At one point, I made a U-turn with cars barreling down towards me at 65 mph. I just gave it about 2/3 throttle and the car went from about 10-65 mph rather quickly. No drama, no lag. Oh, did I mention I got 43mpg for the drive? :thumbsup:
I'm also running @KTuner on my SI...... Check this MPG out on a hundred mile trip....... @KTuner FTW!!!

Honda Civic 10th gen My KTuner experience - an ongoing journal 20181023_180413

Alex2893

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring Polished Metal
Country flag
the on the fly map switching is that only in the V2 or is it also in the V1.2 ?

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag