Andre80

First Name
white civic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X 1.5 sport +
Country flag
Sto dicendo che i dati sono corretti ma un aumento di 5/6 psi o 0,5 bar dovrebbe garantire un aumento maggiore

[ATTACH = full] 149.239 [/ attach]
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like your dyno is showing a 22.5 hp increase with the Stage 2 versus stock. That is a bit disappointing because the Hondata "+6" tune dyno'ed at a gain of a little over 25 hp even though it runs less boost than the KTuner Stage 2.

The torque increase looks to be noticeably more than Hondata. :bow:

Thank you for posting the dynos. Hopefully KTuner will chime in here as far as the lower than expected hp numbers.

Last edited:

Andre80

First Name
white civic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X 1.5 sport +
Country flag
i test dinamici hanno rilevato potenze comprese tra 185 e 195 CV, i cavalli hanno ragione, tra 20/25 CV con lo stadio 2, ho fatto il test più costante come riferimento di 192 CV, ho fatto almeno 20 addii da gennaio a oggi ,

Mi chiedo se un filtro di fase 1 potrebbe rendere le cose migliori e persino un intercooler, se davvero necessario

Last edited:
OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
the dyno lambda put out at the exhaust gave non-optimal values, now I don't remember if skinny or fat, after I go to ask, the trainer was worried about reliability

the dyno tests have detected powers between 185 and 195 hp stock, the horses are right, between 20/25 hp with stage 2, I took the most constant test as a reference 192 cv, stock I made at least 20 dyno from January to today,

with stage 1 and 2 not many only 1 launch per type (it was 8 in the evening) and we should do more

I'm wondering if a prl stage 1 filter can make things better and even an intercooler, if really needed
I've run a PRL Stage 1 type setup and it does seem to help slightly with throttle response and top end (a few hp gain).

Andre80

First Name
white civic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X 1.5 sport +
Country flag
even if I have doubts I am very happy with how the civic has changed, it's all another car, I'll just have to go into some values and do other tests, the trainer confirmed that ktuner is really a great product, even if he didn't understand why the values of the dyno on the carburation are different from those that ktuner detects with tunerview

Last edited:

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Have you tried the Starter 21 tune? With aggressive quick adjustments you can surpass the base Stage 2 tune you tested.

Andre80

First Name
white civic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X 1.5 sport +
Country flag
no, no, voglio godermi il secondo stadio per un po ', poi avviare a giocare

Last edited:

Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Country flag
I had an "event" from a dig with a GTI last weekend, temps 11C, I don't know the extent of the GTIs mods, exhaust for sure. There was a Red Si Coupe behind the GTI when I pulled beside him. I bogged off the launch and he gained 5ft on me (front bumper to front bumper), boost hit and the tires started spinning but I was keeping pace with him through 1st gear. Grabbed second at redline...a bit too quick and the tires spun again but still staying with him. Grabbed 3rd and pulled even with him before we both had to back out. Ktuner Map 3 Sport Mode on the 19.5/23psi tune for me on my otherwise stock Si.

Takeaways

- The stock all-seasons suck, especially when it is cool/cold out...I'm really starting to hate them.
- NLS (if I had it enabled) would have helped the 1st to 2nd.
- Had we been able to go into 4th I would have smoked him on the top end.
- I really need to figure out launching this thing (not that I'm doing this at every stoplight)...
- The Advanced Traction Control is absolutely amazing. Just the right amount of wheelspin to keep the power levels up.
- KTuner rocks! Obviously.

Don't know what happened to the two ladies in the red Si Coupe...too bad I couldn't have put a better show on for them.

Last edited:
OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just keep it checked to avoid that potential error code popping up. No harm. Not sure why you have the ECT code checked off though.

calvin13386

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 1.5T
Country flag
When I load the starter dual 21 psi base map, the only default checked box is the P0128 - ECT below regulating temp. So I should checked the underboost condition and uncheck ECT below regulating temp?

The function of this "disable/monitor" tab is just to prevent the relevant error codes from appearing when checked?

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, keep the P0299 checked, can't hurt anything. I don't believe mine has the P0128 checked but I'll have to look again.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
This post is for all those CVT owners on the fence about whether or not to get a tune. It's based on my nearly year and a half of running Hondata and Ktuner tunes on my 2017 EX-L.

First, let me get one thing out of the way. I like KTuner a bit more than Hondata. But, both are really good tuning solutions.

Why you should get a tune:
One word: Confidence!

I mostly loved my untuned car. What a great combo of looks, performance and economy. But I had one issue, and for me and where I drive, it was a big one. My area is congested with really aggressive, careless drivers. I need a car that goes when I need it to go. Sometimes simply to avoid an ahole in front of me doing an ahole move.

And that was my one huge gripe with the CVT/turbo combo. In an evasive maneuver, a split second counts. Untuned, there was a big delay at low speed when pressing the throttle until the car responded. S mode helped a bit but I hate using it in town cause the engine revs too high in city driving. I had a number of close calls due to this lag.

After a bunch of research, I bought a CARB Flashpro. It definitely boosted passing power but did little to improve throttle response and lag. After more research, KTuner seemed like my answer. And the second time was the charm with my tuning.

KTuner has so many driveability tweaks to try. Right now, after lots of trial and error, I have the combination of throttle response, turbo response and ramp that minimizes lag. It makes my driving not only more fun, but safer. And that's confidence inspiring.

But with a CVT, there are limits to how much you can (or should) push it beyond the base tunes. I've pushed my tunes as high as nearly 24 psi, and sure it felt awesome, but I always backed it down because I knew it was potentially too much. That Stage 2 or Starter 21psi tune is probably the sweet spot of excellent power and reliability with the CVT turbo.

Honestly, even running my 16.5 psi "commuter" tune feels so much better than stock even though the boost is on the low side. Those throttle and early spool tweaks make a huge difference.

Finally, fuel economy. If you put your foot into it, it sucks. But so did the factory tune. Cruising around though, it's pretty much as good as stock.

Hope this helps some of you on the tuning fence.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
My current setup (early spool: on):

Honda Civic 10th gen My KTuner experience - an ongoing journal newesttunesettings

Normal targets: 17 PSI / 19.5 PSI / 21.5 PSI
Eco targets: Factory / 16.5 PSI / 18 PSI

Last edited:
OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Here's another real world example of how a KTuner tune makes our cars "safer"...

I was stopped and waiting to make a left turn onto a highway on ramp. Oncoming traffic was very heavy. Finally, I had a small window of opportunity to make my move. All of the sudden, the oncoming car (an older Civic, ironically) decided to play games and accelerate (trying to prevent my turning).

With my untuned car, I would have waited. It would have been too dicey because of lag. With the Ktuner tune, I just punched the throttle and she went. Instant power. No muss, no fuss. :thumbsup:
Sponsored