2.0L FRANK R

1. Romeoridgee

Romeoridgee Honda Dealer Tech.

Technician
    First Name:
    Rob
    Car(s):
    19 Civic Sport
    The top is c2 the bottom is c1. The only difference I can see that would make an issue is the 2 jackets/galleys I circled in blue. Looks like you could bolt up a type r block and have VTEC on Intake. Those holes though. Where do they lead? What if one were to block those 2 jackets? Do I see type r hybrid builds in our future? Matched with the type r trans and maybe have to make hybrid axles? I can dream right? Lol

49A52BE4-CD66-46CF-AFBF-FA70CA713B41.jpeg

mvela thanked this.
  2. Civic_rob

Civic_rob Member

First Name:
    Robert
    Car(s):
    2018 Civic LX-P
    Where did you find these images? I've been trying see what parts I could interchanged between the two engines or if I should just save up and buy a built motor from 4PistonRacing.

3. OP
    Romeoridgee

Romeoridgee Honda Dealer Tech.

Technician
    First Name:
    Rob
    Car(s):
    19 Civic Sport
    All part numbers are different except the intake valves. Wonder what kind of compression ratio will be set with c2 head since I believe they are different bowl shapes. Looks like it would bolt up.

4. DarkLight

DarkLight Senior Member

Car(s):
    Civic-2016 LX 6MT
    Those passages appear to be for coolant circulating to the integrated exhaust manifold. The C2 doesn’t have them because there’s no turbo heat to deal with.

IMO the head would probably bolt up, but would all of the sensors (crank position, reverse, etc.) from the C1 work with the C2 harness? That’s my concern.

Plus, you would need to swap the whole front suspension to avoid running custom axles.