Found Small Dent On My Front Bumper, Help?

MrMackeyMk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe EX-T WOP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey everyone, so yesterday I walked up to my car with the lovely surprise of a small dent left on the front left side of my front bumper. I have no idea how it happened, but noticed it after I drove off from work and got home.

I'm curious what I'm able to do, as it seems like the only thing I'd be able to do is go to the collision/repair shop for Honda and have them give me an estimate since I don't believe I have any warranty for something like this. I figure the only thing I can do is just pay out of pocket to have this fixed.

What would you do, or recommend? This is my first new car and I've never had to do anything like this before, so I would greatly appreciate any help on this matter.

I live in Tennessee and I drive a 2016 Honda Civic EX-T.

Honda Civic 10th gen Found Small Dent On My Front Bumper, Help? 6vBEIva
\
Honda Civic 10th gen Found Small Dent On My Front Bumper, Help? JpG8Qyy

Honda Civic 10th gen Found Small Dent On My Front Bumper, Help? tlS7qdE

Honda Civic 10th gen Found Small Dent On My Front Bumper, Help? EvObmvk

Honda Civic 10th gen Found Small Dent On My Front Bumper, Help? GkRdRz5

kcabbit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Civic LX | 2016 Civic Coupe Touring
Country flag
Yup, had a similar dent on my older civic and used the hair dryer method. I didn't even have to push mine out from behind as it just popped out by itself after running the hair dryer for a few minutes.

Swordfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag

If this guy can push out a dent that large, you can probably push that out. I wouldn't even bother with a collision shop. If you have a heat gun that would be the most ideal, or try and borrow one. If the plastic is heated hot enough you don't have to worry about flexing or damage to the paint. I don't doubt the piece will pop back out, but your biggest problem may be the hard flexing of the paint.

OP
OP
MrMackeyMk

MrMackeyMk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Warm up the plastic with a hair dryer and push from the inside. That should pop right out.

If this guy can push out a dent that large, you can probably push that out. I wouldn't even bother with a collision shop. If you have a heat gun that would be the most ideal, or try and borrow one. If the plastic is heated hot enough you don't have to worry about flexing or damage to the paint. I don't doubt the piece will pop back out, but your biggest problem may be the hard flexing of the paint.
Okay I will give that a shot, there is a plastic bit behind it that I think will prevent me from push from the back, I'll check in the morning when I have time to do that. Thanks for the suggestions, I'll update with what happens.

mc1200s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 ext
Country flag
Simple, pop it out from the inside and sea with the spiderwebs (of any" that are left behind.

It was pushed in bc you hit something so al you have to do is push it out. Hair dryer tricks will not work bc this is a deep compression but you can push it out using a tool of your choice. It will probably take you 30 seconds once you're positioned.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'd still recommend heating it also.

OP
OP
MrMackeyMk

MrMackeyMk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Simple, pop it out from the inside and sea with the spiderwebs (of any" that are left behind.

It was pushed in bc you hit something so al you have to do is push it out. Hair dryer tricks will not work bc this is a deep compression but you can push it out using a tool of your choice. It will probably take you 30 seconds once you're positioned.
Been busy since posting, but as far as pushing it out, it will not work because the bumper has like a plastic guard underneath the car preventing me from reaching up behind and pushing it. Seems like I'll need a suction took to pull it out.

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
you can try pushing up from the bottom, it may work without removing anything
Sponsored