Found an "Easter Egg" in the Engine Bay...

dynamicpressure

R-00040
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R, 2016 Honda Civic EX-L 1.5T, 2014 Honda Civic EX-L, 2007 Hyundai Sonata SE
So I was intalling the Injen Short Ram Intake on my EX-L when I noticed something odd wedged between the stock intake and the front of the engine bay...

Honda Civic 10th gen Found an "Easter Egg" in the Engine Bay... 20160809_115013

This wasn't connected to anything...but it had a website on it.

Honda Civic 10th gen Found an "Easter Egg" in the Engine Bay... 20160809_134834

Nitto-Kohki is an industrial supplier. This coupling has a pneumatic quick disconnect.

Honda Civic 10th gen Found an "Easter Egg" in the Engine Bay... Screenshot_20160806-205452

Spoke to the dealer and they had no clue and said it wasn't from their shop. I've only ever had it serviced there (3 oil changes) from the day I drove it off the lot.

From what we can tell this seems to be an Engine Leak Check Coupling from the manufacturing floor!

It must have gotten left behind after engine assembly and testing. So I guess I'm holding a part of Honda's quality control? I'm an engineer and have been on many shop floors in my experience and this looks like something I'd find on the job.

Checked the VIN and my car was manufactured at the Indiana plant. I'm sure Honda would like to know of any "anomolies" in their manufacturing process, so I'm trying to figure out how to let them know.

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Somewhere at the Indiana plant there's an assembly person who's still wondering: "Now where the heck did that thingy-majig for quality control go? Oh well... We'll just blame it on first year production woes..." LOL.

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Truly unique Easter egg find!! :thumbsup:

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I used my cell phone to use the light on it to check for any leaks. Left it there on the driver's side and drove about 10 miles. Finally realized my phone was missing and looked under the hood. It was still there, lol. Smooth car!

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
:doh: I looked for 10 minutes and I didn't get one either..

milosays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Hate to say, mine was build in Indiana also, #923, they totally forgot to install 2 rear speakers in my Touring.

milosays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Which ones?
The 2 tweeters under the rear package shelf. I've also heard bolts loosen and roll under the car on the under-body shield, misc metal rattling on the underbody right side, not to mention the ongoing audio system issues with CarPlay.

milosays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I've only ever been able to count 8 speakers and just figured I couldn't see them
I only found them missing after seeing 2 loose wire connections, 1 on each side under the package shelf in the trunk, and had the dealer look into what the wires were for.

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Hate to say, mine was build in Indiana also, #923, they totally forgot to install 2 rear speakers in my Touring.
How do you know your car was #923? I want to know what mine is as it was an early build as well!