Admin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I'm on desktop and couldn't figure out how to get into the main forums...I got here by clicking a thread I replied to in my notifications list.
You can click on "FORUMS" in the navigation bar at the top of the site.
Sponsored

slowride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Type-R
Country flag
You can click on "FORUMS" in the navigation bar at the top of the site.
The dropdown on the Forums link that opens a menu is the misleading part. You don't think to click the actual word FORUMS when the menu opens. Got it now,

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Took me 24 hrs and multiple attempts to restore my IE11 settings before figuring out that only this site's layout had changed!
It would have been nice to announce a layout change was planned, or even had been done when a user first visited the site.
Will hold off commenting further until I've spent time with the new layout.

Updated 1-19-19
Well it's "jusk OK" - but way better than the Intellicast to Wunderground debacle.

Last edited:

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
This ad size in mobile view (Chrome/Android) is a bit much though, don't ya think?:eek:

Honda Civic 10th gen Forum software updated ?   Looks Differtent IMG_20190109_165413

spacemanspiff

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sonic Gray Civic Type R, 2006 Toyota Corolla S
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I feel like the polls that show up on the right sidebar should either have more context or just be a link. As it is, there shouldn't be an option to vote from the main page because most of the time the question is incomplete without reading the whole post. A lot of them end up being specific to the forum section they were posted in, but that's not made clear in the little pop up that displays on the main page.

Most recent example - a poll that literally just says "Am I crazy?" on the main page. No other context. Obviously you can click the link to read the whole post, but something indicating which forum section it came from and/or a snippet from the OP or the title of the post would be appreciated.

coopermidnight

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looks awful, but at least it's still functional. I love how the admin just silently did this without warning anyone and isn't even answering this thread. Not that many threads in this board get answers anyway, but still.

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan - Aegean Blue Metallic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Linking the Mobile version a lot, the desktop I am getting used to. Not a fan of the Ad layout on the right-hand side - 5x Big Box 300x250, 2x Half Page 300x600 units are a bit much. I have noticed slower load times for desktop which is quite a bummer, and highly suspect it is due to the ad units.

This is before the update, but what happened to the affiliate ads linking to Amazon, that were specific to whatever topic that was being discussed? Didn't mind at all seeing those ads as they were relevant, and would be happy to see them make a return.

Which version of Xenforo is this btw? The newest is 2.1 I believe.

Deezy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Sedan 6MT (FC2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I noticed that if you click on someones location under their avatar, it brings it up on Google Maps. Is this new, or am I just figuring it out?

OP
OP
SCOPESYS

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
I am seeing a number of improvement to the new Forum layout over the past few weeks.

Thank you Administrator/Webmaster for your hard work -- looking really good now :)
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.