farhanahmad

First Name
Farhan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatch RS Sport
Country flag
HI, I have a Civic RS 2017 model that I recently bought. RS model has a 1.5l turbo engine.

I think my mechanic did not change the oil during the last service (November 2018). Yesterday my car started showing that service is due soon. I checked the oil and it was dirty not very dark brown but still, it was not clean. I drove only 1000km since November 2018. I took it to the mechanic and he says that he must have forgotten to reset the Maintenance Minder.

Am confused; I think maintenance minder is a sensor and should not need a manual reset. If it sees that the quality of oil is decreased it would send a signal otherwise it will not notify the driver.

Kindly anyone experienced with Maintenance Minder tell me how Maintenance Minder works and what happens if you forget to reset the minder?

Thanks.
Sponsored

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
HI, I have a Civic RS 2017 model that I recently bought. RS model has a 1.5l turbo engine.

I think my mechanic did not change the oil during the last service (November 2018). Yesterday my car started showing that service is due soon. I checked the oil and it was dirty not very dark brown but still, it was not clean. I drove only 1000km since November 2018. I took it to the mechanic and he says that he must have forgotten to reset the Maintenance Minder.

Am confused; I think maintenance minder is a sensor and should not need a manual reset. If it sees that the quality of oil is decreased it would send a signal otherwise it will not notify the driver.

Kindly anyone experienced with Maintenance Minder tell me how Maintenance Minder works and what happens if you forget to reset the minder?

Thanks.
Resetting MM 600 miles later won’t hurt as the next one comes on when remaining oil life reaches 15%. Just service it right away when the next reminder comes on.

https://www.google.com/search?q=how honda civic maintenance minder works?

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Country flag
Oil look always dirty if not brand new, mean nothing

You write ;
".I think my mechanic did not change the oil during the last service (November 2018.."

What did you pay for ? What is write on bill ?

Maintenance Minder. No need it, I look how many miles.

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T, 18' Odyssey Elite, 07' Sienna
Country flag
The maintenance minder is an algorithm, not a sensor for detecting the quality of oil.
Honda hasn't invested that much.

OP
OP

farhanahmad

First Name
Farhan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatch RS Sport
Country flag
Thanks guys. I guess it was some sort of anomaly. It has been corrected now. Not sure why and how it happened but happy that it's good now.
Sponsored