NeoDiNardo

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Red Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Make sure when you decide to sell those stock wheels an tires, you post here in the classifieds. I already have 2 sets of the stock wheels, but I may want a 3rd.
I may need the sale to fund the new ones like so absolutely will sell here ASAP. Not sure what they’re worth though
Sponsored

RedGiant217

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Honda Accord
Country flag
I may need the sale to fund the new ones like so absolutely will sell here ASAP. Not sure what they’re worth though
If they have less than 1000 miles (easy miles mind you) then they're easily worth $2,000 for the set if you have time to wait for the right buyer. $550 each if sold individually.

That said, if you end up wanting to sell them quickly, you could probably sell them in a couple hours for $1,200.

Just don't let people tell you they're only worth $1,200 because that's already a stupid low price.

OP
OP

NeoDiNardo

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If they have less than 1000 miles (easy miles mind you) then they're easily worth $2,000 for the set if you have time to wait for the right buyer. $550 each if sold individually.

That said, if you end up wanting to sell them quickly, you could probably sell them in a couple hours for $1,200.

Just don't let people tell you they're only worth $1,200 because that's already a stupid low price.
The Honda dealer parts counter told me it was $1400 a rim plus the tire. Outch. Of course demand will determine the used value. I just want a fair return to offset the cost of the new stuff which I am buying regardless. I have less than 100 miles on them now.

RedGiant217

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Honda Accord
Country flag
The Honda dealer parts counter told me it was $1400 a rim plus the tire. Outch. Of course demand will determine the used value. I just want a fair return to offset the cost of the new stuff which I am buying regardless. I have less than 100 miles on them now.
Yeah, it's pretty crazy...thing that doesn't make sense to me is when people are selling aftermarket wheels for 90% of new price and being told it's a good deal, but I've seen people telling someone asking $1,600 for a set of stock wheels that they're asking too much.
Problem is so many people don't want them so for now the demand is low and they're somewhat readily available.

In my opinion, your best bet will be to sell them individually to people who want a spare or have a damaged rim. You'll get more for them that way. Still not nearly what they are from the dealership though...

FifStreet

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 PMM Civic Type R '07 MR Fit Sport (RIP)
Country flag
Look through the classifieds here and maybe ebay to get a sense of what they are worth. While yes, to buy them new from Honda costs a lot, you can't go by that. So many folks are replacing them, its driving down the price in the secondary market.

OP
OP

NeoDiNardo

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If decide to ride this car into the ground, like never get rid of it, I’d love to tone down the looks of the car. Delete the 3 piece wing or change it out to a more subtle one, change the aero lip kit to something less obnoxious and better looking, basically make the car more classic and smooth looking. I’ll likely never do these things but it would be cool. The regular hatch is better as less is sometimes more. Overall I love the sharp look tho. The red color helps it look mean too.

Last edited:

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
If decide to ride this car into the ground, like never get rid of it, I’d love to tone down the looks of the car. Delete the 3 piece wing or change it out to a more subtle one, change the aero lip kit to something less obnoxious and better looking, basically make the car more classic and smooth looking. I’ll likely never do these things but it would be cool. The regular hatch is better as less is sometimes more. Overall I love the sharp look tho. The red color helps it look mean too.
Keep in mind that if you lower the spoiler it’ll get into the way of the rear view mirror. If you don’t like it I’d get rid of it. I’d also consider ridding of the vortex generators as they are coupled, aerodynamically with the spoiler.

OP
OP

NeoDiNardo

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I guess for aero reasons I will leave that wing mostly alone, but I found the wing center section can be replaced with real carbon fiber while keeping the overall design and sides intact. I just had the bottom door chrome accents removed, the car looks much better without them. The only thing I still want changed is that fake carbon lip kit. Evasive Motorsports makes a real carbon fiber replacement lip kit and even a real carbon fiber replacement wing center section. They turn the looks way up to amazing. Add custom rims and tires and I think I’d be very happy with the final look of the car.

That said there’s got to be something I can do with those fake vents in the back to make them a bit more tolerable like paint them or cover them up with something.

Last edited:

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
I guess for aero reasons I will leave that wing mostly alone, but I found the wing center section can be replaced with real carbon fiber while keeping the overall design and sides intact. I just had the bottom door chrome accents removed, the car looks much better without them. The only thing I still want changed is that fake carbon lip kit. Evasive Motorsports makes a real carbon fiber replacement lip kit and even a real carbon fiber replacement wing center section. They turn the looks way up to amazing. Add custom rims and tires and I think I’d be very happy with the final look of the car.

That said there’s got to be something I can do with those fake vents in the back to make them a bit more tolerable like paint them or cover them up with something.
There aren't too many vent kits (to replace the fakes) available. The only ones that come to mind are the ones with circles cut into them (search the forums, you'll find them). I'm not a big fan of them and have only seen pictures of the front bumpers. There are real CF parts for the Civic to replace most of the ground effects, the side vents, and the spoiler. It may be interesting to wrap the hood and vortex generators in CF too as the look may work well with the spoiler. Though that would be more for aesthetic purposes unless you find a real CF hood and vortex generators (then you're effectively moving the center of gravity down lower).

OP
OP

NeoDiNardo

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yes, that would mostly fix the car’s looks for me as I’m not a fan of the standard lip kit. The stock lip kit just has a weird shape / finish / texture / pattern combo to it.

MutatedMango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Si FC3
Country flag
Hey everyone, my first post!!

I just bought my endgame car, a 2019 Red Honda Civic Type R. Volume knobs FTW. It lacks Honda Sensing sadly, so no adaptive cruise control or life saving auto breaking. Honda Sensing is something I’d honestly upgrade for. Otherwise, it’s like a greatest hits album of the Civic Si’s that I’ve owned over the years. It has the Hatch from my 2004 Si, an exciting engine like the 2006 had (only better, faster, stronger, turbo), and a nicer interior than average like the 2013 had (but nicer than even that).

Plus toss in Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, and a sweet stock stereo (that I shall of course upgrade, but it’s just good enough to not have to rush that investment). And the 2019 CTR has just about the most comfortable seats ever made by Honda. Something the current Si can’t claim by a mile. 300 plus HP, the best shifter / clutch 1st impression I’ve ever had, and a trick LSD. I’m super stoked that it’s a real hot hatch in all it’s practical glory!! And of course it drives just about as perfect as 40K could possibly deliver.

I purchased it for MSRP + a mandatory but useful upgrade package of official Honda accessories. Although I did eye that window etching cost with suspicion of usefulness. Now I just need to get an 18-inch rim and tire plan going (I have no idea what to pick out yet), sell my old rims and tires, get some LED light bulbs for the interior, and see what else I need to upgrade on it. BTW, I’m in PA / NJ for meets.

Humorously, my dealer rep said the CTR’s red paint shining in the night from my own parking lights was like “Satan himself”. I definitely have to get a custom named license plate for it. I’d love to see what tattoo like artistic touches I could do via vinyl. 40 miles in and it’s way smoother than McLovin (no grinding gears). OK, it’s the honeymoon period, I’m super excited to just drive around with nowhere to go, and I’m sure I’ll hate small stuff about it later. However, currently feel I could keep this car forever - a real endgame. Well, aside from the lack of Honda Sensing. And a flying conversion with MR Fusion.
Congrats on the car dude!! Rallye red is gorgeous man. Also someone above said 600mi is the break-in period but I read here it was 1000mi for the Type R and 600 for the Si. Make sure you double check on that. Other then that sweet pickup bro, I'm just worried about the winters here, especially bc Philly can get pretty bad sometimes with keeping the roads nice

kevv_FK8

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R, 2022 Honda Pilot SE, 2013 Honda Civic
Country flag
in other words you want to take away the R's uniqueness and make it look like a regular base model hatch? Interesting
Sponsored