First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Red Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Hey everyone, my first post!!

I just bought my endgame car, a 2019 Red Honda Civic Type R. Volume knobs FTW. It lacks Honda Sensing sadly, so no adaptive cruise control or life saving auto breaking. Honda Sensing is something I’d honestly upgrade for. Otherwise, it’s like a greatest hits album of the Civic Si’s that I’ve owned over the years. It has the Hatch from my 2004 Si, an exciting engine like the 2006 had (only better, faster, stronger, turbo), and a nicer interior than average like the 2013 had (but nicer than even that).

Plus toss in Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, and a sweet stock stereo (that I shall of course upgrade, but it’s just good enough to not have to rush that investment). And the 2019 CTR has just about the most comfortable seats ever made by Honda. Something the current Si can’t claim by a mile. 300 plus HP, the best shifter / clutch 1st impression I’ve ever had, and a trick LSD. I’m super stoked that it’s a real hot hatch in all it’s practical glory!! And of course it drives just about as perfect as 40K could possibly deliver.

I purchased it for MSRP + a mandatory but useful upgrade package of official Honda accessories. Although I did eye that window etching cost with suspicion of usefulness. Now I just need to get an 18-inch rim and tire plan going (I have no idea what to pick out yet), sell my old rims and tires, get some LED light bulbs for the interior, and see what else I need to upgrade on it. BTW, I’m in PA / NJ for meets.

Humorously, my dealer rep said the CTR’s red paint shining in the night from my own parking lights was like “Satan himself”. I definitely have to get a custom named license plate for it. I’d love to see what tattoo like artistic touches I could do via vinyl. 40 miles in and it’s way smoother than McLovin (no grinding gears). OK, it’s the honeymoon period, I’m super excited to just drive around with nowhere to go, and I’m sure I’ll hate small stuff about it later. However, currently feel I could keep this car forever - a real endgame. Well, aside from the lack of Honda Sensing. And a flying conversion with MR Fusion.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Fg4Marko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP FK8, 2019 Touring PWP Coupe
Country flag
Right on man congrats on the car! I myself am waiting for mine to land at my Dealer. The red i have to say is an amazing colour but i had to get the SGP for me. Make sure youre nice to her for the first 600 miles, i hear thats the breakin period:)

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE USA-367, 2011 Civic Si (FA5)
Country flag
I just bought my endgame car, a 2019 Red Honda Civic Type R
Congrats! I'm one week into owning my '19 RR CTR and the honeymoon feeling is far from over. I'm constantly wanting to drive, anywhere, for anything. This is also my third Civic after owning an Si and LX before, it is indeed by far the best Civic ever made IMO too...enjoy!

RedGiant217

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Honda Accord
Country flag
OK, it’s the honeymoon period, I’m super excited to just drive around with nowhere to go, and I’m sure I’ll hate small stuff about it later.
This may vary from person to person, but I've owned mine for 9 months and I'm still super excited to just drive around with nowhere to go.

Congrats on the R!

OP
OP

NeoDiNardo

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
First one I've seen with this.
upload_2019-3-18_10-37-56.png
Yes, my dealer does MSRP on these CTRs but they make up for it with lots of mandatory factory Honda accessories pre-installed. A total of $3365 worth of wonderful extras!! I got two sets of floor mats (one winter, one carpet), a net thing for the trunk, a car cover, light up “R” logo for my front door wells, the silver accent on the outside bottom of the doors (it runs across all four doors), perhaps I have the carbon fiber interior accents (not sure if those are standard or not), ETC. I’m trying to get a list of it all. Most of these things are nice actually, especially those afore mentioned silver door accents, they look really nice (would they look good with bronze wheels tho?). Oh and window etchings... hooray!!

Last edited:

WhatThePuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Acura Rsx (sold), '19 CW CTR 23909
Country flag
Congrats! I laughed out loud at the "Satan himself" part, that's awesome. :)

Nitroturtle

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PMM CTR, 2006 S2000, 2010 Element EX AWD
Country flag
Yes, my dealer does MSRP on these CTRs but they make up for it with lots of mandatory factory Honda accessories pre-installed. A total of $3365 worth of wonderful extras!! I got two sets of floor mats (one winter, one carpet), a net thing for the trunk, a car cover, light up “R” logo for my front door wells, the silver accent on the outside bottom of the doors (it runs across all four doors), perhaps I have the carbon fiber interior accents (not sure if those are standard or not), ETC. I’m trying to get a list of it all. Most of these things are nice actually, especially those afore mentioned silver door accents, they look really nice (would they look good with bronze wheels tho?). Oh and window etchings... hooray!!
Local dealer here did those chrome accents on the doors of the black CTR they had. It's not a Type R specific option, it's actually for the regular civics. Only chrome on the whole car and it looked horribly out of place IMO.

OP
OP

NeoDiNardo

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Local dealer here did those chrome accents on the doors of the black CTR they had. It's not a Type R specific option, it's actually for the regular civics. Only chrome on the whole car and it looked horribly out of place IMO.
Funny, I liked it when I saw it. Mine came with it by default at my dealer so no choice really. However, it might be harder to match Volk Saga or Volk CE28N bronze wheels... I could go with Volk’s diamond dark gunmetal... or perhaps take off the chrome accent? Can I do that?

Honda Civic 10th gen Forget The Avengers, I just drove home my Endgame - The 2019 Honda Civic Type R 19FC51E8-7FEB-4C31-AD9D-00628AF6485E

Honda Civic 10th gen Forget The Avengers, I just drove home my Endgame - The 2019 Honda Civic Type R C72A2591-5408-45F2-B7B8-48625AD1EF3F

Honda Civic 10th gen Forget The Avengers, I just drove home my Endgame - The 2019 Honda Civic Type R 2E7EBCFC-4B1C-4E36-87D5-C7E126EFE9E7

Honda Civic 10th gen Forget The Avengers, I just drove home my Endgame - The 2019 Honda Civic Type R 24605CC3-E270-4D1C-830B-4CC5139C70E9

Honda Civic 10th gen Forget The Avengers, I just drove home my Endgame - The 2019 Honda Civic Type R 6DADF308-ECEC-4F6B-B4AD-BBD6E04DDC5B

OP
OP

NeoDiNardo

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So looks like I’m having the dealer remove those exterior bottom door chrome accent as it does not match the bronze or even the car very well being the only chrome on it. No way to return but I might be able to resell. It’s just double sided tape. That way I can match stuff better.

FifStreet

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 PMM Civic Type R '07 MR Fit Sport (RIP)
Country flag
Make sure when you decide to sell those stock wheels an tires, you post here in the classifieds. I already have 2 sets of the stock wheels, but I may want a 3rd.
Sponsored