Ford drops a bombshell..

Frankakee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX L WOP
Country flag
I know I don't see many domestic cars older than 10 years old on the road. I still see those Hondas still chugging along!
Sponsored

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
I rent cars frequently in my line of work, and I often get the fusion titanium . I have to say, ford has gone a long way with their cars and I honestly think the fusion is a really solid vehicle. I drove it around 800 miles round trip during winter during record cold temps and the car was comfortable and reliable as ever (My 2013 focus was a completely different story). Ford is going to regret their decision in the long run and pay for it dearly because gas prices are not going to stay low.

ManofGod1000

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Couple Energy Green
Country flag
I have owned a few domestics vehicles. Every single one had some sort of problems. I'm glad there won't be POS ford cars on the road.

I bet Doodge, Chrysler will follow Ford soon. After that I can see GM.
I know this is an old post but, Dodge / Chrysler led the way, when they ditched their Dart / 200 completely instead of fixing the issues that they had. The Charger and Challenger are not going anywhere though and that is because they have high performance versions of those cars that people do buy.

babinjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Do you know how many fatalities per year involving car accidents are caused by human error?

And you think a couple driverless car deaths outweighs that? Oooook.
I don’t think driverless and driver cars will co-mingle well. Unless there is a separate infrastructure for driverless cars, I can’t see driverless will ever work. Who is going to pay for that?

Ataricade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
I don’t think driverless and driver cars will co-mingle well. Unless there is a separate infrastructure for driverless cars, I can’t see driverless will ever work. Who is going to pay for that?
Agreed it will never work main stream with current road infrastructure either and No money to change that.

You will never see it happen in our lifetime.

Axatax

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
In Malkuth, surrounded by evil, low on gas.
Vehicle(s)
2K Civic DX Coupe B18C5 (swap), 2017 Civic LX Coupe 6MT
Country flag
Gas where I am is 3.00 a gallon for 87 octane. Theyre already screwing up. Not a smart idea to only make SUVs that also have 20+ gallon fuel tanks.
It's a VERY smart idea for the auto companies to make them.

It may NOT be a very smart idea to buy one.

Axatax

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
In Malkuth, surrounded by evil, low on gas.
Vehicle(s)
2K Civic DX Coupe B18C5 (swap), 2017 Civic LX Coupe 6MT
Country flag
We already can deal with that, mostly. Just make the carpool lanes driverless only.

civic2tegg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK
Country flag
Just to pile on to the Driver less car topic. I know technology has come a far way and AI is pretty advanced now a days but I think we underestimate how completely technical the most mundane human activity actually is.
My friend and I were at a chipotle a few weeks ago and he is in the field of AI. We were discussing how a person can easily create a burrito. If they take a burrito shell out of the bag and the shell has a folded corner they flatten it and begin to add the toppings. if a machine were to try to build burritos a simple error such as a folded burrito shell could cripple the AI. so when driving we may be looking at the radio we may be singing to our favorite song but our brain is making huge calculations in the background that AI would find incredibly challenging.

I think the biggest hurdle for driver less cars would actually be the car manufacturer liability. Once people are no longer responsible for getting themselves around safely all it would take is one accident and the lawsuit against said auto manufacturer would be huge!

thatlilwhiteone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 civicsi SOLD
Country flag
Just to pile on to the Driver less car topic. I know technology has come a far way and AI is pretty advanced now a days but I think we underestimate how completely technical the most mundane human activity actually is.
My friend and I were at a chipotle a few weeks ago and he is in the field of AI. We were discussing how a person can easily create a burrito. If they take a burrito shell out of the bag and the shell has a folded corner they flatten it and begin to add the toppings. if a machine were to try to build burritos a simple error such as a folded burrito shell could cripple the AI. so when driving we may be looking at the radio we may be singing to our favorite song but our brain is making huge calculations in the background that AI would find incredibly challenging.

I think the biggest hurdle for driver less cars would actually be the car manufacturer liability. Once people are no longer responsible for getting themselves around safely all it would take is one accident and the lawsuit against said auto manufacturer would be huge!
Its funny how people really think all cars will be driverless in 10 years. Trains are not even driverless.

Civicguy1206

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX-L Hatchback HFP
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah because Ford is a POS!
Actually, Ford is dropping their passenger cars due to the public's draw to crossover vehicles. Fords are anything but pos. I have owned several Fords, and all were stellar vehicles.

Civicguy1206

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX-L Hatchback HFP
Vehicle Showcase
Also I don't see the fascinating with all these trucks jacked up with big tires and coaling! It's like the resurgence of Bigfoot when it came out for the first time. The LDT (little dick trucks) with the cockless balls hanging from the bumper...wtf
You don't have to see it. Everyone doesn't have to be the same. Some people don't see the attraction to imports and tuners, but the attraction remains nonetheless. Individuality.

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
Fords are anything but pos. I have owned several Fords, and all were stellar vehicles.
We had a 2012 Focus 5dr Titanium, bought from new, for 18k miles and just shy of three years. Your Ford experience notwithstanding, after that car we have one simple Ford rule in our house: Never. Another. Ford.
Sponsored