Ford Australia fined $10M after blaming gearbox faults on owners driving styles.

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Interesting. I know you can very well drive a manual transmission incorrectly and cause damage, but how can you accuse someone of driving an automatic incorrectly and then say the customer is responsible for shuddering??

Also, I had a rental 2013 Focus back in 2015 when I took it down to Virginia for vacation. Let me tell you that this cars transmission was absolute garbage. This thing felt like it wasn’t even going to be able to get out of first gear. The shuddering is worse than when I accidentally tried to start my car off in 3rd gear. It was a jerky ride, and even my jerky shifts due to manual inexperience are smoother than that thing. It completely turned me off from the Focus outside of either an ST or RS... which we won’t even get anymore so Ford will never be considered by me when I’m in the market for something new (not that I plan to give my baby away for anytime in the next 7 years at least barring something catastrophic).

kritz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17Civic SI sedan
There's a lot of lawsuits over the Powershift transmission in the states as well.

shihabp79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #2740
Country flag
Didn’t Ford Australia manufacturing shut down recently? Why would they care about or pay any kind of a fine at this point?
Sponsored