For those with kids: cool child seat protector that matches the CTR

RatedR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Integra GS-R (sold). 2000 Integra Type R (sold). 2017 Civic Type R.
Country flag
Quick write up for those DWCTR (dads -or moms- with Civic Type R). Found a really cool seat protector that mimics the interior trim (black with red stitching) and it's a highly rated quality seat cover. Product is by Lusso Gear (highly rated on Amazon). Also purchased another Britax Frontier Clicktight in red cause my daughter wanted a red race seat like mine and frankly I don't want to transfer car seats every time my oldest wants to ride with me. Both products get an A+ from me.

Honda Civic 10th gen For those with kids: cool child seat protector that matches the CTR IMG_1312.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen For those with kids: cool child seat protector that matches the CTR IMG_1313.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen For those with kids: cool child seat protector that matches the CTR IMG_1361.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen For those with kids: cool child seat protector that matches the CTR IMG_1381.JPG

gtolio

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 EP3 Si hatch, 2019 Civic Sport Hatch 6spd, 2017 Honda Ruckus
Country flag
I need to get a new seat soon. My now nearly 2 year old daughter is really growing out of the Recaro she's had since she was an infant.

SpraykwoN

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Acura ILX A-Spec and looking for a Civic Type-R
Country flag
I need to get a new seat soon. My now nearly 2 year old daughter is really growing out of the Recaro she's had since she was an infant.
How are the Recaro Travel Systems? Any good? Wife and I are looking at them for our soon to be born daughter.

gtolio

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
How are the Recaro Travel Systems? Any good? Wife and I are looking at them for our soon to be born daughter.
First, congrats!!

The Recaros are ok. On the one hand it does a lot of things well, but there are definitely some things that could be better. The model we have is the Performance Coupe.

http://us.recaro-cs.com/child-seat/performance-coupe

Pros:
- Easy to install
- Can use multiple bases in different cars, which is really convenient
- Seems durable in the 2 years we've had it
- Fits in the back of a FA5 Si sedan
- Clips into the Recaro stroller (which itself is kind of a big, bulky stroller - we only really did that during the 1st year)
- It's a Recaro!!! Hello!

Cons:
- It's kind of heavy, but they all may be like that. I dunno.
- The lining has no permanent attachment on the back. It's supposed to just stretch over the styrofoam padding. There is no hook or Velcro or anything. This is annoying because it comes off all the time and you have to stretch it back on with 2 hands. It would have been really easy to fix this with a better design.
- It takes 2 hands to lower the carry bar out of the way, which means you can't do it from the driver's seat if you're alone

That's my review. I'll probably get another one because I'm a brand whore and I think it makes me cool to have a Recaro seat for my kid. lol

Wabby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Cr-z
Country flag
Is there any covers for the frontseats in the marked? I do go often to the gym and many times after runs in forest and such I want to be able to get in the car sweaty without making stains in the front seats. Not every time it's possible to change or shower before driving the car.

OP
OP
RatedR

RatedR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Integra GS-R (sold). 2000 Integra Type R (sold). 2017 Civic Type R.
Country flag
Is there any covers for the frontseats in the marked? I do go often to the gym and many times after runs in forest and such I want to be able to get in the car sweaty without making stains in the front seats. Not every time it's possible to change or shower before driving the car.
I believe there are front seat covers for sale on ebay I saw someone post before. Try searching for Type R seat covers FK2 FK8 and see what pops up. Or you could always line your seat with a long beach towel when driving home from the gym.

gtolio

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I believe there are front seat covers for sale on ebay I saw someone post before. Try searching for Type R seat covers FK2 FK8 and see what pops up. Or you could always line your seat with a long beach towel when driving home from the gym.
The hard part is going to be finding non-ricer looking ones, would be my guess.

lbiaggi

First Name
Light
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Honda Prelude SI
Quick write up for those DWCTR (dads -or moms- with Civic Type R). Found a really cool seat protector that mimics the interior trim (black with red stitching) and it's a highly rated quality seat cover. Product is by Lusso Gear (highly rated on Amazon). Also purchased another Britax Frontier Clicktight in red cause my daughter wanted a red race seat like mine and frankly I don't want to transfer car seats every time my oldest wants to ride with me. Both products get an A+ from me.

IMG_1312.JPG

IMG_1313.JPG

IMG_1361.JPG

IMG_1381.JPG
Thanks so needed

lbiaggi

First Name
Light
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Honda Prelude SI

hafadaze

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R (#1106)
Country flag
Baby's on the way soon and I'm definitely going to need one of these! Thank you.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
I only used Recaro and Chicco. Definitely liked the Recaro better.
Inlaws had some Britax or soemthing...I didn't like it. Strap was hard to loosen and fabric didn't feel soft. Recaro seemed like a super comfy seat.

gtolio

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
We just got the Recaro Roadster, as our daughter is now ready to be forward facing (we previously had the Recaro Performance Coupe infant seat). I'm really impressed with it. The padding, materials, and build quality, are all a step above the Performance Coupe. It is pretty big, but still fits in the back of my 2008 Si sedan with no problems at all.

http://us.recaro-cs.com/child-seat/Roadster

The Roadster is their latest (and probably last) design, because as far as I can tell, Recaro is no longer making child seats for the US market (they are still serving their home European market, however the compatibility of these seats to US model cars is unknown since they use a different harness system). I know that they were hit with some wide-sweeping safety recalls in 2015. I think that they resolved the issues, but it seems like their US car seat division could not continue after it. It was very difficult to find the Roadster since distributors are no longer receiving new car seats from them.

But all in all, I have zero doubts about this car seat. It's very secure when you have it in, has a lot of side impact padding, and it's just a really solid seat.
Sponsored