For those who intend to buy the R, what is your age? *poll added*

If you intend to buy the R, how old are you?

• Total voters

Banshee

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, 07 Civic Si, 17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would say, at 17, take the caR Autocrossing. You will learn SO much about the caR, and yourself and each of their limits. Then take it to a PDX with a driving instructor a few times, to learn higher speed handling.

shakedown94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type-R #8479. Past cars - 80 Civic,97 Civic,87 Integra,94 Integra,94 Civic,00 Integra,12 Hyundai Accent
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would say, at 17, take the caR Autocrossing. You will learn SO much about the caR, and yourself and each of their limits. Then take it to a PDX with a driving instructor a few times, to learn higher speed handling.
Good advice. I had autocrossed for years, but have stopped for several now. I plan on doing the same to learn that cars behavior at the limit were the consequences are much lower then at the track

xA_Cole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack, 2017 Civic EX-T
@xA_Cole

I can't imagine the insurance payments for a 17 year old driving a Type R. Probably gonna be more than the car payment.

Maybe this is just the old man now in me but if I was you I would get the Si, Still have a nice fun reliable car. Save myself and my dad money...

Also as someone else stated the lack of driving experience and HP are never a good combination.

But the Kid in me understands your entusiasm.

It sounds like your more advanced than I was at your age I never got any scholarships. But I digress...

If you do end up getting the Type R don't let any of your friends drive it. That would be my advice.

A2
Insurance is in my fathers name aswell, im hoping it wont be too much more than his own cars payment (2014 Ford Explorer Sport) and considering hes paying half of it insurance included in really going to hope i wont pay more than 450 a month insurance and car payments for my half. But i respect your thoughts but i told my dad too, i can insure it in his name like my current car, finance 6 years, in 6 years cars paid for and ill be 23 and can start my own insurance and wont have to worry about killer insurance prices since thats all id worry about with no car payments.

xA_Cole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G
Like have you gone to the dealer and reserved a car or to see if they can get you one? Or have you already done that?
Were going to talk to the representative at the NYIAS regarding it. Really late but if i dont land a CTR probably going to settle for a 370Z or STI or Evo FE. Really want the CTR more than anything though, Honda Day 2017 I want to be the center of attention

xA_Cole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good advice. I had autocrossed for years, but have stopped for several now. I plan on doing the same to learn that cars behavior at the limit were the consequences are much lower then at the track
Honestly I might even take it cross country to visit my cousins in Arizona whos also into cars. From NY

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think it's more of an age where people can afford to throw down that money on a car that is basically a track vehicle you can drive on the street.
Sponsored