For those who DD the Type R - which drive mode?

Which drive mode(s) do you use most?

• Total voters

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
had mine for a little over a month and have just over 2k on it. comfort mode every time. It's part of the routine when i start up the car.

lawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ABM type r
Country flag
had mine for a little over a month and have just over 2k on it. comfort mode every time. It's part of the routine when i start up the car.
hahah me too. I don't DD so i didn't vote.

but comfort is awesome. I have no fewer than 5 speedbumps getting out of my neighborhood.

BlackCTR

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I daily drive mine. I never take it out of +R lol.

Only time its out of +R is when the car starts up. I love the red gauges and the feel of the car in +R.

2018ChampwhiteCTR

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic type r; 2014 Honda Pilot; 2001 Honda prelude
Country flag
I'm curious as to how many people who have voted actually daily theirs lol.
Just got it last week. 200 miles. I’d consider it daily. Live in NY so right now we are in the midst of a nor’easter so didn’t drive today and don’t see myself driving the R the rest of the week but definitely DD.

wassen

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Website
200sx.kicks-ass.net
Vehicle(s)
CTR 2017, Volvo V70
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I DD and have had mine since December. My morning routine is: comfort, turn off auto engine stop and yellow dim lights on =) Then when I feel the “get away driver urge” becomes to much I punch in R mode and let him rip. I truly hate that with my winter tires I can’t give full gas in 1st-4th gear without getting the anti skid lamp to blink and feel the power loss in the engine (yes on dry asfalt). Need to have him in R otherwise I can’t accelerate properly.

BlackCTR

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Not to sound stupid but what is Auto Engine Stop?

Vortexhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PMM Civic Type R GT #10432
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not to sound stupid but what is Auto Engine Stop?
Auto Start/Stop. The engine shuts off if you release the clutch while stationary (to save gas). I also turn it off almost everyday, in EU spec cars is the button opposite to brake hold (US cars have a blank switch there), mine is mirrored cuz UK RHD car

Honda Civic 10th gen For those who DD the Type R - which drive mode? R number mini

jefxfree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R, EK hatch
Country flag
I use sport 100% because i'm too lazy to change it every time I get in the car.

I mostly DD my CTR, but I do drive my EK sometimes to keep it going and keep miles off the CTR.

Type-JZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Lexus GS350, B13 Sentra SE-R, '93 Camry, '07 TSX, '13 Odyssey
Country flag
mostly sport and I tend to go back to sport if +R gets too bumping. Yesterday, I hit an uneven pavement head-on and it felt like my gen 2 integra in the late 90s when I had weapon R "coilovers" lol. It felt like it bent both of my front rims, but luckily I dogdged a bullet.
I haven't even tried comfort mode for more than 5 miles.

lawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ABM type r
Country flag
mostly sport and I tend to go back to sport if +R gets too bumping. Yesterday, I hit an uneven pavement head-on and it felt like my gen 2 integra in the late 90s when I had weapon R "coilovers" lol. It felt like it bent both of my front rims, but luckily I dogdged a bullet.
I haven't even tried comfort mode for more than 5 miles.
Do you dislike comfort because of the steering feel or it's too soft for ya?

Only asking bc you can get comfort feel with 18 inch wheel/tires (and probably a way lower chance of bending wheels) and keep the steering in sport with the sport setting. I know in the other thread you've got scrub radius concerns, but this was money well spent for me.

Type-JZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Lexus GS350, B13 Sentra SE-R, '93 Camry, '07 TSX, '13 Odyssey
Country flag
Do you dislike comfort because of the steering feel or it's too soft for ya?

Only asking bc you can get comfort feel with 18 inch wheel/tires (and probably a way lower chance of bending wheels) and keep the steering in sport with the sport setting. I know in the other thread you've got scrub radius concerns, but this was money well spent for me.
I usually make changes if it bothers me enough for me to do it. In this case, the auto setting is in Sport and I feel this setting is perfect to dd w/ that sporty characteristic suitable for this car. I still roll w/ the stock wheels, so DD in +R in those is too risky for me. I'm more concerned w/ bent wheels. It's not like i don't like comfort. I'm very glad that option is there. It's just when I switch to comfort mode, I feel like I'm losing out....lol. I'm usually pretty calculated where I go for this car. As in, I've been going to the same places, so I know what kind of roads I'll be rolling on. I feel if I wanted to drive in comfort, then I won't take the ctr out. :p. I will try to drive in prolong periods in comfort mode one of these days. =)

R-00620

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type-R
Country flag
I rarely change it from Sport. One, because I forget about the other options. And, two, because I like a consistent feel of a car. I bought the car for a certain feel and performance; so, I'd rather take from it what it can give me, rather than trying to match conditions with settings, and thus changing the feel.

Just glad that Honda limited it to 3 Modes, versus the dozens that some cars have.

Mike
Sponsored