For those of us without 3k to spend on wheels

team3d

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic lx
Country flag
What is this car lowered on?
What size are the tires? Any rubbing with that aggressive offset?

Interested.
Et35 is ok, you can run 265/35-18

I’m not sure.. probably Eibach springs
Sponsored

Tim818

King Of The ‘Ring
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic EX, 2018 CTR
Country flag
What’s up Andy, newb question, how long will it take to receive my wheels if the wheels arrive to the port in California this week? this is Tim in Texas btw....

marktex

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
rubby.jpg ruby.jpg
i just mounted Enkei TM7 under 1100 :)
What specs? Im looking at those exact same ones for a 2018 coupe. Right now im looking at the tm7 18x8.5 25+. Dont want to run spacers though so would the 25+ run fine without any cutting?

jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R
Country flag
Damn those are sexy! What are they called? Specs?
There is a great selection of wheels that are <$120 a wheel on tire rack. I mean really these look great, how do you not have even ~$300 for rims?

Here is a set for $77: https://m.tirerack.com/wheels/Wheel...Model=Civic+Type+R&autoYear=2018&autoModClar=

Here is another good looking wheel: https://m.tirerack.com/wheels/Wheel...Model=Civic+Type+R&autoYear=2018&autoModClar=

This looks almost like my wheels (save for the color): https://m.tirerack.com/wheels/Wheel...Model=Civic+Type+R&autoYear=2018&autoModClar=

And here is nice bronze: https://m.tirerack.com/wheels/Wheel...Model=Civic+Type+R&autoYear=2018&autoModClar=

HRace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Country flag
There is a great selection of wheels that are <$120 a wheel on tire rack. I mean really these look great, how do you not have even ~$300 for rims?
Those closeout prices on tirerack are awesome. Good points.

team3d

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic lx
Country flag
Payless & Walmart shoes all loooks great, but why aren’t athletes wear them for sports use ?

Same with wheels, a car like fk8, you can’t just throw any wheels on... with that much torque ? The first thing we worry is tire slipping... are the wheels you put on have knurling or anti tire slip coating ?

Also is the barrel strong enough to handle the torque?

There is a reason why LeBron James don’t wear Payless shoes to play games and why you use weld racing wheels for drag slicks

You don’t need to $3000 wheels for fk8, but you can’t just slap on anything either.

Last edited:

jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R
Country flag
Payless & Walmart shoes all loooks great, but why aren’t athletes wear them for sports use ?

Same with wheels, a car like fk8, you can’t just throw any wheels on... with that much torque ? The first thing we worry is tire slipping... are the wheels you put on have knurling or anti tire slip coating ?

Also is the barrel strong enough to handle the torque?

There is a reason why LeBron James don’t wear Payless shoes to play games and why you use weld racing wheels for drag slicks

You don’t need to $3000 wheels for fk8, but you can’t just slap on anything either.
Lol Payless lol.

not everyone dribbles, and dunks like Lebron either, or running a game every time they’re driving to work or heading to the office.

Not everyone is racing their car every other weekend.

For those people, any one of these 18 wheels are going to last longer than the OE 20’s simply from the sidewall difference. Bet you they’re even lighter.

Hooooow many people have had broken OE wheels.... hey so much for Honda Nike Barrels yo!

Last time I checked Lebron doesn’t wear his team uniform when he goes to buy milk. Plus he doesn’t have cops stopping him from dunking on the cashier as he checks out.

These cheap ass wheels from TJ Max (Tirerack) will serve you better than the OE wheels. And If they break buy another without losing your jersey, I mean shirt.

(PSsst, if you do go racing you can take the old unused OE set to the track)

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Check out Titan7 (not sure if that's been mentioned already)...half the price of the 3k set of wheels

team3d

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic lx
Country flag
Lol Payless lol.

not everyone dribbles, and dunks like Lebron either, or running a game every time they’re driving to work or heading to the office.

For those people, any one of these 18 wheels are going to last longer than the OE 20’s simply from the sidewall difference. Bet you they’re even lighter.

Hooooow many people have had broken OE wheels.... hey so much for Honda Nike Barrels yo!

Last time I checked Lebron doesn’t wear his team uniform when he goes to buy milk. Plus he doesn’t have cops stopping him from dunking on the cashier as he checks out.

These cheap ass wheels from TJ Max (Tirerack) will serve you better than the OE wheels. And If they break buy another without losing your jersey, I mean shirt.

then, i think ins
Lol Payless lol.

then, perhaps getting a regular civic hatchback is better option don't you think ? since not everyone "dribbles"
Sponsored