Travis

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type-R
Ok,

I've been sifting through these threads for awhile now. I have seen some AMAZING suggestions on wheel/tire combos. The problem is, I don't have 3k to drop on wheels. I know I know, a lot of people are going to yell at me and call me an idiot for buying the car because I can't afford expensive ass wheels. Guess what, I love the car. I've wanted one for YEARS, and now I have one. I live in Ohio so our winters can get a little iffy. I want to drop my tire size down to 18's and not break the bank.

Who can recommend a decent set up for those of us in a situation like mine. If there is a thread on this already, I apologize. I couldn't find it.

Thank you in advance to those who offer any advice. If you plan on busting my chops about it, then please don't bother to post.
Sponsored

Acurately

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3G Acura TL, 1G Acura MDX
Country flag
I'm in a same position as you and I'm planning on just going to tirerack and picking a wheel with the closest offset to stock (like 45 or 47). Something with lots of spokes and get all season tires mounted by tirerack. They have Axis Sport XR that look really close to stock wheels and only $169 per wheel, should fit too since tirerack guarantees the fitment.

Personally I'm going with 19 inch wheel something similar to this http://www.civicx.com/threads/new-wheel-setup-project-19.13329/ other than that I'd recommend contacting wheel manufacturers and dealing directly with them on pricing and sizing.

OP
OP

Travis

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type-R
I'm in a same position as you and I'm planning on just going to tirerack and picking a wheel with the closest offset to stock (like 45 or 47). Something with lots of spokes and get all season tires mounted by tirerack. They have Axis Sport XR that look really close to stock wheels and only $169 per wheel, should fit too since tirerack guarantees the fitment.

Personally I'm going with 19 inch wheel something similar to this http://www.civicx.com/threads/new-wheel-setup-project-19.13329/ other than that I'd recommend contacting wheel manufacturers and dealing directly with them on pricing and sizing.
Thanks for the recommendation. I will definitely look into it.

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #0426. 2014 Accord Coupe V6
Country flag
Hello to a fellow Cincinnati resident. What color do you have and dealership did you get it at?

OP
OP

Travis

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type-R
Hello to a fellow Cincinnati resident. What color do you have and dealership did you get it at?
I have an Aegean Blue. I bought it at Performance Honda in Fairfield. They actually have one on the floor right now as well. It has 7k ADM but they can probably be talked down. I did... However! mine is still in the shop with the notorious rev matching issue.

How about you? What color? Where did you get it?

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have an Aegean Blue. I bought it at Performance Honda in Fairfield. They actually have one on the floor right now as well. It has 7k ADM but they can probably be talked down. I did... However! mine is still in the shop with the notorious rev matching issue.

How about you? What color? Where did you get it?
I actually stopped over there and looked at that blue one before you bought it on one of my many trips to jungle jims. Will be getting mine later this month in black. Just have to head over to Pittsburgh to get it when it arrives.

baldheadracing

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
TireRack is always clearing out rims, although you just missed their big summer clearout. I picked up Enkei 18x9ET45 GP5's for $109/each. They're cast rims and no longer fashionable (on a BMW) but Enkei is a decent brand and people are going to think whatever they want.

There are plenty of 18x8 ET 45 rims around. I just looked and TireRack has them starting at $109 on clearance. The decent-looking - if you squint hard enough they sortof look like Volk CE28's - cast Focal F04's 18x8ET48's are $148 regular price ... of course they're much heavier then CE28's and may well be nowhere near as strong, but you can get a set of four for about the price of one CE28 ...

There are also the Axis Sport XR previously mentioned at $169

And for true winter performance, the OZ Rally Racing 18x8ET45 in dark graphite is $299 ...

few35t

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RR CTR, 2010 Civic Si
Country flag

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
those are nice looking. Whats the price point?
18x9.5 they are $288 per wheel for the bronze on tire discounters direct. Once I get my car I was going to call and see if they can special order the black
-or-
19x9.5 is listed on their site as available for $328 per wheel
Sponsored