For anyone worried the new Civic is too big, see these pics.

Razer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda HR-V
I stopped last night and looked at an EX Civic and when I pulled in I was able to back up beside it and take a couple pics, and they are pretty funny. I dive a Fiat 500 Abarth right now which no one ever, ever has called a big car. Maybe a clown car, but not a big car. I'm 6'2" and say 270 and fit in there just fine for the record....

Anyway, I was noticing I can almost hide the Civic behind my Fiat! The pics will speak for themselves of course, I did one straight on, and then one each towards each end of my car to show that the Civic is of course bigger but is also by no means a big car. Civic is also much lower than my Fiat, and the Abarth sits 1" lower than a normal Fiat to begin with!

The Civic is much wider and lower and I had tons of room in the car. I love it I have to say, now I await Si information and I hope to be able to buy one in about 10 months or so.

Attachments

C Note

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
--
Cool comparison thanks. Helps that both cars are red. Sometimes these comparison images are skewed because some colors look bigger/smaller than others.

By itself in photos the 2016 civic always looks kinda big to me especially from the side profile view. I think it's all because the fastback roofline fills in a lot more of the visual space from the rear windows to the trunk. But then when you see it in comparison images with other cars you realize it's not as big as it looks by itself. Same exact effect here against your Abarth.

Did you get to sit in the Civic? With it sitting so low already and then a new lower seating position I keep imagining that it'll feel like you're sitting in a sports car very close to the ground.

manhunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hondas
Good pics. Cool Abarth btw. The lower stance of the new Civic definitely helps hide some of the added length of the sedan.

You looking to get this one or just wanted to test it out?

CdnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2O16 Civic Touring 'WOP', 2016 HRV EXL w/nav. 'Milano Red'
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Think my son would prefer to be in the back of the Civic

OP
OP
Razer

Razer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda HR-V
Ha, my daughter who is a teenager driving herself, and my wife have both ridden back there for decently long trips along with a few other people, but 99% of the time I treat it like a two seater.

I was not planning on taking the pics specifically, but after I parked there I could not help it seeing them together. I'm not looking to purchase this one, it was just one of the first to arrive at my dealer and my wife saw it driving by and called to tell me they were in and I had to stop by and take a look in person.

I did sit in it and look it over but I did not drive it as I'm looking to get an Si or at the very least an EX-T if I hate the Si for some odd reason. (doubt I'll hate it) A few observations - it is very low, super low compared to my Abarth specifically which is known for a high seating position. I can get in and out easily still but I can see older folks, and even me on a bad day, having a hard time or taking extra effort getting in and out. Once you own it and get used to getting in and out I'm sure it would be fine as all cars are odd to me when you are first trying them out. I am 6' 2" as mentioned and I could get my left leg stretched all the way out in front of me and I'm talking straight out like I'm in a recliner! I was shocked and even the salesman said wow! Seat was one or two notches from the back. I would not need the seat all the way back to me easily comfortable in there. I actually raised the seat up four notches and was not hitting the roof or really close either. Not sure if it was at the bottom when I started but I assume so as man did I feel low.

With the seat where I would be comfortable driving I got in the back and my knees did touch the seat, but barely and I was not uncomfortable, head just brushing the headliner. If a sat in my normal backseat slouch I'd be fine, and I could easily move up a notch or two were I the driver also and still be fine. Very nice materials, tested remote start and the audio steering wheel buttons, the swipe to adjust volume worked great.

Overall I loved it, was very impressed and look forward to the Si - I'm in the market for a car in roughly 10 months so the Si should be around and hopefully some better deals/leasing options too.

Red Traveler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Just imagine how much smaller the coupe will look. Great feedback on the leg/head room. I'm hoping the 2 door model will not sacrifice in this department. I have not researched but is the coupe/sedan traditionally similar in interior space?

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
Civic = 182.3 in long
Fiat 500 = 139.6 in long

forced perspective :)

thomasok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Black Honda Accord EX-L, 2003 Blue Honda Accord EX-L
Just imagine how much smaller the coupe will look. Great feedback on the leg/head room. I'm hoping the 2 door model will not sacrifice in this department. I have not researched but is the coupe/sedan traditionally similar in interior space?
Generally there is less interior space but mostly in the rear seats. In the 2016 Accord the front seat legroom and headroom are almost identical in the sedan and coupe, as is the rear seat headroom, but you loose a lot of legroom and hip room in the coupe backseat - about 5 inches!
Sponsored