Following suit: Introducing my new 2019 CTR, #24,174

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE USA-367, 2011 Civic Si (FA5)
Country flag
Greetings

I already posted a bit of details to the CTR at (or below?!!) sticker NICE LIST! thread, but I figured I'd create a new post since I've always enjoyed reading other's buying experience of the CTR.

I have been following this CTR board closely for years since I first heard of the vehicle before it hit dealerships. I have longed to acquire a CTR but had other financial priorities to take care of, in addition to the car being marked with ADM making the car even less affordable. Finally around January I had started shopping for a new CTR under a few strict parameters:

• Must not pay more than MSRP

• Must get a decent trade in value on my 2015 4 door Si with 59k miles (excellent condition, completely original with brand new tires)

• Must be a 2019 Rallye Red CTR (some 2018s are still floating around out there)

Sure enough I was able to make it happen after a good amount of time outreaching to dealers outside of my hometown of Jacksonville Florida, since the only new red CTRs here came with firm $5k-10k ADMs (insert Coggin Honda Jacksonville and Honda of the Avenues Jacksonville here).

I emailed Southeastern Honda in Palm Bay who coincidentally had 3 CTRs on their showroom, two reds and one CW. There was a decent amount of negotiation that occurred via email, text and phone since I couldn't easily have them see my trade in being that I live 3 hours north of their location. I got an appraisal from CarMax locally and sent the dealer a copy, after that, we were able come to terms on MSRP for the CTR and an even higher offer than what CarMax offered me for my Si (couldn't believe that!!!!). Donna and Nick at Southeastern Honda were the sales reps I worked with, they were really straight-forward and didn't embellish or pull any tacky sales moves. I drove 3 hours south to their location on Saturday and all prior negotiated discussions held true, we basically began paperwork right when I walked through the door.

I had my own financing lined up with my credit union so I did not use their financing. The car came 100% bare - no added accessories, no wheel locks, no tint, no paint protection, no carbon fiber package, etc. (side topic - I am indeed interested in exploring paint protection options, this is something I need to do more research on).

I'll get tint installed this week but otherwise the car is going to remain 100% original like my last two Civics.

Here is a video of the car coming off the showroom floor with 8 miles on the odometer (The tight maneuvering had me a bit nervous TBH):

And here is a video of the somehow satisfying peel-off plastic head unit plastic screen protector:

After two days of ownership and 252 miles added to the odometer, all I can say is that the car is almost indescribably awesome.

With all that said, here is my 2019 Rallye Red CTR, #24,174

Honda Civic 10th gen Following suit: Introducing my new 2019 CTR, #24,174 IMG_2841
Honda Civic 10th gen Following suit: Introducing my new 2019 CTR, #24,174 IMG_2846
Honda Civic 10th gen Following suit: Introducing my new 2019 CTR, #24,174 IMG_2860 (1)

Last edited:

SBPerformance

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Evo, 2003 350z, 1998 CRV, 2019 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Awesome! Congratulations on the new car, they are great!

movovr

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Congrats. Great colour choice too. Welcome to the club.

wildbilly32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Porsche C4S 19 CTR #24184 19 Volvo XC40 R
Country flag
Welcome! Congratulations. The hi-po tires are pretty squeaky on tile floor! Nice color. Back in the day we called that "Arrest me Red." Keep your eyes open!:drive:

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda CTR, 2022 Range Rover , 1990 CRX SI
Country flag
Congrats! Jealous of those climate control buttons

r712

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R (FK8) | 2017 Fit (GK5)
Country flag
Congrats! I see you're also a part of the had-to-drive-far-away-from-jacksonville-to-get-a-type-r-at-msrp club. Looks like we also traded in the same car too.