First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2017 Sedan Touring
Country flag
Hello,

I have noticed today that my Fog light lens is cracked (light is good) for my Civic Sedan Touring 2017. When I surf the internet it sounds expensive and I don't like aftermarket part for it. Its still under factory warranty! Could anyone suggest if I can fix it within warranty or any suggestions?

Note: I got the car in CT but now I moved to TX!!
Sponsored

_dc_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I doubt that would be covered by warranty as they will likely say that a stone hit it.

OP
OP
dharanichand

dharanichand

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I doubt that would be covered by warranty as they will likely say that a stone hit it.
What could be the cheapest way to fix it?

OP
OP
dharanichand

dharanichand

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Replace the housing.
Thank you! Could you please suggest me where can I get a good one? I am not preferring aftermarket. Where can I get it installed and any idea of what they charge?

Axatax

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
In Malkuth, surrounded by evil, low on gas.
Vehicle(s)
2K Civic DX Coupe B18C5 (swap), 2017 Civic LX Coupe 6MT
Country flag

imccly89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT WOP
Country flag
These are OEM housings:

https://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/oem-parts/honda-foglight-assy-r-fr-33900tbaa01?c=Zz1hY2Nlc3NvcnktY29tcG9uZW50cyZzPWZvZ2xpZ2h0LXctYXV0by1saWdodA==

Fog Light Assembly, R Front 33900-TBA-A01 $42.65

https://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/oem-parts/honda-foglight-assy-l-fr-33950tbaa01?c=Zz1hY2Nlc3NvcnktY29tcG9uZW50cyZzPWZvZ2xpZ2h0LXctYXV0by1saWdodA==

Fog Light Assembly, L Front 33950-TBA-A01 $42.65

The front bumper has to be removed to replace the housing. A dealer would charge it as an hour of labor.
I know this is an old post, but thank you for the part numbers! The price has gone up, though, and they're showing up as $98 each.

FYI, I looked up the part numbers you quoted on eBay and got a third party housing (that appears to be identical to oem) for $31. I just installed it today and it took maybe 10 min to pry off the vent and replace the housing.

Thanks again for your help! My old housing had cracked but this ended up being a cheap and easy swap.

midnightcivic

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 SGP EX
Country flag
I know this is an old post, but thank you for the part numbers! The price has gone up, though, and they're showing up as $98 each.

FYI, I looked up the part numbers you quoted on eBay and got a third party housing (that appears to be identical to oem) for $31. I just installed it today and it took maybe 10 min to pry off the vent and replace the housing.

Thanks again for your help! My old housing had cracked but this ended up being a cheap and easy swap.
The issue will happen again, these fogs are made so cheap that they're prone to crack. Hell my old acura tl fogs never cracked, better to pay up and buy you some oem led or morimoto fogs.

Last edited:

blackie X

First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
my morimoto yellow led fogs are in route right now, cant wait to take the OEM fogs off and put them in a box until someone needs to buy some OEM fogs to replace their cracked lens.

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Lamin-x saved mine from a trim piece flying on the highway

imccly89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT WOP
Country flag
my morimoto yellow led fogs are in route right now, cant wait to take the OEM fogs off and put them in a box until someone needs to buy some OEM fogs to replace their cracked lens.
I was considering that, but just decided to get a new housing. If it happens again, I'll swap for the led housings.

dt17

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback turbo 2017
Country flag

I have a Honda Civic Hatchback 2017 in Thailand

I brought Fog LEDs bulbs for my car thinking to replace them but my car already comes with OEM LEDs.. now I have bulbs without housing as the OEM LEDs are a whole module (unable to change bulbs)

I read on these forums that the OEM non LED housing are glass and break easily(also expensive). Is there a product for me where I can buy just the fog light housing(not OEM)? Do projector shrouds work?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored