1.5T Flywheel CEL?

TranceFC1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Manual
Country flag
Currently collecting all parts needed for a clutch job on my ext, I was gonna get a action clutch stage 1 with lightweight flywheel. I'm going the stage 1 route since I don't have crazy mods on my car and I want to be able to daily drive it 60 miles a day comfortably.

I was wondering if I go lightweight flywheel will I get a CEL? I see alot of conflicting information about needing ktuner to have the flywheel which I don't have.
Sponsored

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Currently collecting all parts needed for a clutch job on my ext, I was gonna get a action clutch stage 1 with lightweight flywheel. I'm going the stage 1 route since I don't have crazy mods on my car and I want to be able to daily drive it 60 miles a day comfortably.

I was wondering if I go lightweight flywheel will I get a CEL? I see alot of conflicting information about needing ktuner to have the flywheel which I don't have.
Then why change your clutch as it should not slip especially if your not tuned or have any parts

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Nobody has reported a CEL from a lightened flywheel, like on previous generations. That doesn't mean it can't happen with one from a specific manufacturer.

OP
OP
TranceFC1

TranceFC1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Manual
Country flag
^^ What they said. There seems to be a rumor out there that a lightweight flywheel will cause it on the 10th gen, but have never seen it happen with any of our, or our customers cars.
Perfect. Gonna pick up a action clutch and a lightweight flywheel this weekend.

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
^^ What they said. There seems to be a rumor out there that a lightweight flywheel will cause it on the 10th gen, but have never seen it happen with any of our, or our customers cars.
No CEL on your twin disk set-up either?

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI Coupe
Country flag
Perfect. Gonna pick up a action clutch and a lightweight flywheel this weekend.

Awesome if you have any other questions at all feel free to reach out, we can get action clutch, clutch masters and any other major brands.
I would be happy to help you pick out the best option for your needs!

-Miguel

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not at all! The twin is actually my favorite clutch so far.
favorite as in like the pedal feel or engagement? or driveability? Curios as we CM has sent us one to drop in our SI.

OP
OP
TranceFC1

TranceFC1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Manual
Country flag
Do you guys know if our cars use a pilot bearing? Been looking for an oem one and I can't find it

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do you guys know if our cars use a pilot bearing? Been looking for an oem one and I can't find it
There is a pilot bushing pressed into the flywheel. I’m curious, why are you looking for one?

OP
OP
TranceFC1

TranceFC1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Manual
Country flag
There is a pilot bushing pressed into the flywheel. I’m curious, why are you looking for one?
Well I was under the impression when you change out your clutch and flywheel you change the pilot bushing. Since I'm going to action clutch with there flywheel I thought I would need one, I wanted to run oem bearings if possible. Currently buying new flywheel and clutch cover bolts with oem tob

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well I was under the impression when you change out your clutch and flywheel you change the pilot bushing. Since I'm going to action clutch with there flywheel I thought I would need one, I wanted to run oem bearings if possible. Currently buying new flywheel and clutch cover bolts with oem tob
The OEM pilot bushing seems to have some sort of special anti-friction coating on it. It’s very likely that Action will have a new pilot pushing already installed in the new flywheel. Don’t forget to grease it during the install.
Sponsored