Flowmaster DBX muffler

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
I would like to see someone weld up an APEXi WSII Muffler. I've got the catback on my '00 Coupe and looooooooove the sound on it, very quiet for a performance exhaust.
Personally I would like a very quiet (near stock sound) performance exhaust as well. This being a compact "commuter" car with a CVT/automatics it just sounds to silly with an agressive sounding exhaust. On my way to work each morning I frequently run into an accord with an autobox with a loud exhaust. Personally it just sounds out of place. But to each his own.
And I thought I was alone. :respect:

The problem is the small engine size more than being a CVT/auto. Just like how you'd never be able to get your lawnmower to sound good. So keep it quiet.

The manuals might actually sound worse because they're rev'd higher, and up/down/up/down.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Harry Da Hamster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Someone should try making cutouts in the black bumper trim piece. It'll look a lot cleaner. Under bumper with no cutout looks like an afterthought. I'm pretty sure the black trim piece is replaceable.

4DBox

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Silver EXT, 2018 Volt
Country flag
I had a Cal look VW bug back in the day that for a 1 year period featured a 4 tip Monza header exhaust poking out the back that owned this Civic setup. It looked and sounded sporty but was just a little too loud, banged into the body over bumps, scraped when backing into steeper driveways, and droned like a mofo on the freeway. It sounded awesome inside parking garages! The plus side was that it only cost $49 so when my ears couldn't take it anymore and I went back to stock it was no big deal. I would guess that Sparky made a much bigger commitment money wise with no cheap/easy way to go back. But thank you sir, this serves to make me glad I'm staying stock exhaust.

Slipper---great idea. Or here's your business idea---someone design a composite bolt on diffuser with cutouts.

OP
OP
sparky6713

sparky6713

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Ex-T
Country flag
FYI there is no drone inside what so ever. Just cause the outside has some sound doesn't mean it will carry over into the interior . That's not the case with the Flowmaster DBX muffler i used. Nice and quit inside for my daily driving use .

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Someone should try making cutouts in the black bumper trim piece. It'll look a lot cleaner. Under bumper with no cutout looks like an afterthought. I'm pretty sure the black trim piece is replaceable.
I'm definitely going to do this when I get my own kit. I've been debating cutting out the center and run the pipes from there. Keeping the black bumper piece but run the pipes through the cutout.

Gwjvw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 civic EXT, audi Turbo,Jeep Cherokee Limited,09 civic exl, One bad ass Jeep Rubicon, Repsol 1000RR and a few Harleys
wonder what sounds better the mag or flowy, Looks awesome!!!!!!!!!! I prefer a single on each side though!

dastanli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry, Tacoma
Country flag
So I did a bit of self online research and learned that the resonator helps eliminate certain frequencies like droning. The muffler is the actual piece in the exhaust system that helps "muffle" the noise the engine makes making your exhaust more quite throughout the rev range but does not eliminate droning.

The Flowmaster from the pictures doesn't look like it has a muffler or maybe just a really small one. Compare that to the magnaflow which is pretty big in comparison. Flowmaster sound pretty good especially at start up and idle, just not a fan of loud exhaust being on a "regular" civic. On the SI and type R would be a different story. ORRRRRRRR, maybe if I heard one in real life it would change my mind :D

Gwjvw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 civic EXT, audi Turbo,Jeep Cherokee Limited,09 civic exl, One bad ass Jeep Rubicon, Repsol 1000RR and a few Harleys
So if he put a single pipe on that flowmaster set up it would be louder huh?

OP
OP
sparky6713

sparky6713

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Ex-T
Country flag
The Flowmaster DBX is a true muffler for imports . It's job is too help cancel out the import motors "high notes" & turn it into a deeper tone for the outside while retaining a very close to stock interior volume. So it has no drone at all ! The deep exterior tone reminds me of the Porsche/Subaru flat 4 sound .

HachiLuver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2010 Infiniti G37X, 2013 Infiniti JX35, 2011 Lexus RX350
Country flag
Nice! My opinion is that it's good-looking... dropping below the bumper without the cutout... Very much like a semi-motorcycle look. I prefer that, gives it a unique look. It's like a some sort of a prototype dual double-barrel Yoshimura peeking out. Interesting, since coincidentally Honda makes motorcycles as well. Sparky, are you sure you are not subliminally enticing motorcycles? Haha. ;)

Agree, I would await your post with better audio microphoning to get precise sound details.

Quicksipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' EX-T, 05' LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm definitely going to do this when I get my own kit. I've been debating cutting out the center and run the pipes from there. Keeping the black bumper piece but run the pipes through the cutout.
I had the same idea, so I looked to see if its doable...its not, blocked by a bumper frame

Civ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
I'm glad you like it.

I just cannot get behind the quad tips on our cars. But to each his own, so enjoy!

Diversion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rallye Red Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had a Cal look VW bug back in the day that for a 1 year period featured a 4 tip Monza header exhaust poking out the back that owned this Civic setup. It looked and sounded sporty but was just a little too loud, banged into the body over bumps, scraped when backing into steeper driveways, and droned like a mofo on the freeway. It sounded awesome inside parking garages! The plus side was that it only cost $49 so when my ears couldn't take it anymore and I went back to stock it was no big deal. I would guess that Sparky made a much bigger commitment money wise with no cheap/easy way to go back. But thank you sir, this serves to make me glad I'm staying stock exhaust.

Slipper---great idea. Or here's your business idea---someone design a composite bolt on diffuser with cutouts.
Already made a thread about someone needing to make a rear lip with diffuser/cut outs for exhaust.. Nobody seems interested lol.

alexfowler86

The Dirty Bird
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
can you post a video from the inside of your car while driving? i want to hear the sound on the inside of the car. thanks