Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for response ! I'd love to see any official mentioning from Hondata as well. I know that conducting accurate dyno on CVT not possible, but I'm not worried about it. I'm worried how CVT will digest it in a long run. Complicated question, but as a owner a have to ask ;) At the same time there is no concern that boost will be the same as with MT (minus loss on drivetrain, where I'm OK.)
Hondata will also have a lower power calibration for the CVT. "Plus 3psi boost", adds about 9% power and torque over stock. We will post dyno charts Monday. Currently we are at the Thunderhill 25 endurance race supporting three FlashPro tuned 1.5 MT turbo Honda Civics. They are doing superbly for their first ever race event after the first 7 hours. The tune they are running is essentially the same one we posted for the MT.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It stands to reason if Hondata could have easily made it street legal, they would have. They've done it with other flashes.

You have a better explanation? Or just more smartass comments?
Ask me how much I give a shit if it's street legal or not. I'll just put it back to stock for emissions testing.

Reactions: 18k

Shralper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Acura RSX Type S
Country flag
Ask me how much I give a shit if it's street legal or not. I'll just put it back to stock for emissions testing.
You missed my point entirely, which is, Honda has to make the Si street legal in order to sell it. How much HP/TQ they'll be able to put out and still meet the govt's oppressive CAFE/CO2 restrictions remains to be seen. And I personally prefer a factory tune over an aftermarket flash in order to keep the warranty valid.

J35W2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 supercharged Civic Si (sold), '06 Civic Si (sold) , '14 V6-6MT Accord Coupe (sold), '17 CTR #1637, '18 Civic LX Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I guarantee your car will pass all emissions testing with the reflash. Hondata is one of the most reputable and legit tuning companies out there. If you are worried about a Hondata tune in any way, then you are better off with a stock car.

Shralper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Acura RSX Type S
Country flag
I guarantee your car will pass all emissions testing with the reflash. Hondata is one of the most reputable and legit tuning companies out there. If you are worried about a Hondata tune in any way, then you are better off with a stock car.
I realize Hondata is extremely reputable. I seriously considered flashing my RSX.

My point is that Hondata itself says it's not street legal. Why else would they say this, other than emissions testing?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hondata

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Any device like the FlashPro that allows the user to alter emissions parameters can only be used on a race vehicle.

We intend to submit our reflash for emissions testing on a 2017 Civic as soon as is possible. That requires us to acquire a vehicle and put a minimum of 4000 miles before submitting it to the testing laboratory.

omigulay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport hatchback
@Hondata What about civic hatch sport owners, will this work for it as well or does that need to be tuned differently?
I am curious to know about this as well... If it's a gain of +10hp from 174hp, then the increase on the sport model would be only +4 hp.

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
Will the flashpro work with the hatchback 1.5t?? That still has not been confirmed.

jeffbatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Sedan, 2000 S2000
Hondata...what is the reason for having a low power calibration for the CVT? Will you still offer a higher power calibration for the CVT?

Thanks!

Hondata will also have a lower power calibration for the CVT. "Plus 3psi boost", adds about 9% power and torque over stock. We will post dyno charts Monday. Currently we are at the Thunderhill 25 endurance race supporting three FlashPro tuned 1.5 MT turbo Honda Civics. They are doing superbly for their first ever race event after the first 7 hours. The tune they are running is essentially the same one we posted for the MT.

chrisliese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic exl-t, 2002 Honda s2000 turbo, 2016 Honda Odyssey
I live in South Dakota. I don't need cats or mufflers or o2 sensors. Nothing. They don't help anything on our cars.
On a race build I agree, but these little turbos do need some backpressure or you loose low end torque.
'

chrisliese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic exl-t, 2002 Honda s2000 turbo, 2016 Honda Odyssey
If my mechanic is a Hondata dealer do I still need a flashpro or can he just reflash my ECU?
I know I wont have the live data logging etc...

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
If my mechanic is a Hondata dealer do I still need a flashpro or can he just reflash my ECU?
I know I wont have the live data logging etc...
You will need a Flashpro. The Flashpro is locked to your ECU by VIN code as understand.
Sponsored