AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R, 2007 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
There are two cat temperatures. The temperature where fuel is added to keep the EGT down, and then the maximum temperature. We reduce the lower temperature so that ECU does not run stoichiometric too far into boost, but that is a balancing act since it is around peak torque and it is easy to run out of fuel pump. Anyhow, that's why you see a temperature which is lower than the EGT temperature.
Thanks. Any comment on tweaking air charge with ignition timing. Like if I lower the aircharge from the base map values and add a little ignition would that equate to more power than slightly higher boost and slightly lower ignition advance. I can't seem to get anything above 1.5 advance to work without knock retard with the base air charge values.
Cheers
Sponsored

FK8_K20c1

HONDA The Power of Earth Dreams Technology!
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
There are two cat temperatures. The temperature where fuel is added to keep the EGT down, and then the maximum temperature. We reduce the lower temperature so that ECU does not run stoichiometric too far into boost, but that is a balancing act since it is around peak torque and it is easy to run out of fuel pump. Anyhow, that's why you see a temperature which is lower than the EGT temperature.
As an engineer this is the type of answers I like to get when a new feature gets released. Thanks

Vinsmoke

First Name
Van
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Are you sure it was P0103 and not P0101? It just means the AFM is maxed out. P0101 can be disabled and we'll add P0103 as well if that is the error you are getting.
Hey Hondata, So over the weekend I had a chance to install my Mishimoto intercooler. I uploaded the calibration corresponding to my mods(93/(catted)downpipe/mishimoto intake/mishimoto intercooler). I got a CEL P0101, before I installed the intercooler there was no issues with my intake. I scanned the code and it was related to the MAF which is located on the intake correct? I double check the MAF sensor and unplugged it and plugged it back in but I still get the same code. Any ideas what it could be, would it be the intercooler? Thanks.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Hey Hondata, So over the weekend I had a chance to install my Mishimoto intercooler. I uploaded the calibration corresponding to my mods(93/(catted)downpipe/mishimoto intake/mishimoto intercooler). I got a CEL P0101, before I installed the intercooler there was no issues with my intake. I scanned the code and it was related to the MAF which is located on the intake correct? I double check the MAF sensor and unplugged it and plugged it back in but I still get the same code. Any ideas what it could be, would it be the intercooler? Thanks.
go to your calibration and disable it. I think it was under the MISC tab.
Your maxing out the voltage on the AFM and it's triggering the code.

Vinsmoke

First Name
Van
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
go to your calibration and disable it. I think it was under the MISC tab.
Your maxing out the voltage on the AFM and it's triggering the code.
Thanks for the reply! The hondata flashpro had the option to disable the p0101 code on their mod list, was that not enough? I did see the MISC tab with the option to uncheck the P0101 code as well. I assumed that I had already had it checked off on the mod list that I wouldn't need to uncheck it through the MISC tab.

Also just 10 mins ago when I got off of work I noticed that my boost wouldn't go over 6psi, I had already cleared the CEL prior. Would that have anything to do with the code. Even though there wasn't an actual CEL, I plugged in my OBD scanner and saw that the P0101 code was present.

Thanks for you help, hopefully I can get this squared away and enjoy the car. :doh:

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks for the reply! The hondata flashpro had the option to disable the p0101 code on their mod list, was that not enough? I did see the MISC tab with the option to uncheck the P0101 code as well. I assumed that I had already had it checked off on the mod list that I wouldn't need to uncheck it through the MISC tab.

Also just 10 mins ago when I got off of work I noticed that my boost wouldn't go over 6psi, I had already cleared the CEL prior. Would that have anything to do with the code. Even though there wasn't an actual CEL, I plugged in my OBD scanner and saw that the P0101 code was present.

Thanks for you help, hopefully I can get this squared away and enjoy the car. :doh:
What is your BP command looking like in the data log when you're only getting 6psi? When I forgot to uncheck Max afm voltage my car went into limp mode and the turbo didn't work at all. Not trying to come off as insulting but were you 100% on that intercooler and charge pipe install? Proper o ring sealing and tightening of the charge pipes, with everything buttoned up correctly? Only getting 6psi seems like a boost leak and nothing to do with hondata.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag

yeah you wouldn't have to if you disabled it on the mod list.
If there was a code present, your cel light should have been on so idk.

boost not going over 6psi sounds like a boost leak to me.

Vinsmoke

First Name
Van
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
What is your BP command looking like in the data log when you're only getting 6psi? When I forgot to uncheck Max afm voltage my car went into limp mode and the turbo didn't work at all. Not trying to come off as insulting but were you 100% on that intercooler and charge pipe install? Proper o ring sealing and tightening of the charge pipes, with everything buttoned up correctly? Only getting 6psi seems like a boost leak and nothing to do with hondata.
I'm still new with hondata and its datalog. I haven't taken a look yet. Max afm voltage is uncheck on the Misc tab and disable p0101 is checked on the mod list.

Not insulting at all, that's why I'm here on the forum trying to see what could be the cause. I figured it would me the intercooler but the CEL code having to do with the maf, I thought it wouldn't be the intercooler, well I was hoping it wasn't becase it was a pain to remove all the clips, splash shield and bumper. I will double check it again this weekend. Thank you!

CTRHONDATA

Banned
Banned
First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
i have been running egt off for several weeks and never had one check engine light. Car is completely stock.> It would seem my top end suffers alot is this because there is no boost with egt off?

Car is a beast now with e30 tune , improved throttle.

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
What's the fuel pump duty looking like? EGT air charge reduction disable would easily Max out the fuel pump on a stock turbo

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Hey Guys,

I keep getting an emission problem warning (error p2261)

I have 93 octane calibration (using 94 octane) with PRL HVI and EGT disabled with 520nm torque set and ignition timing bumped by another 0.75 and Hondatas TC system set at 3% slip

The emission light comes on randomly whether I go WOT or drive normally. It will stay on for about a day and then go away.

It appears again randomly but usually takes about a week or two for it to come back.

Reflashing the car makes it go away immediately.

@Hondata

OP
OP
Hondata

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This means the ECU thinks there is a problem with the turbocharger bypass control. Check everything is plugged in and the wiring is good. You have not changed the bypass to a BOV, right?

Specifically the ECU looks for pressure oscillations from the boost sensor (in the charge pipe over the trans) when the bypass valve is open. You could just disable the error but it might be worth checking the bypass valve solenoid as I've not seen this error for any other vehicles.

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
This means the ECU thinks there is a problem with the turbocharger bypass control. Check everything is plugged in and the wiring is good. You have not changed the bypass to a BOV, right?

Specifically the ECU looks for pressure oscillations from the boost sensor (in the charge pipe over the trans) when the bypass valve is open. You could just disable the error but it might be worth checking the bypass valve solenoid as I've not seen this error for any other vehicles.
Thanks sir.

Yup nothing was changed aside from the Intake. All connections are good aside from the rubber hose pipe from the engine connecting to the intake is a little squished.

If this is any relevance, after installing the PRL intake my car wouldnt start and I had to take it to the shop. They said the spark plugs was filled with gasoline. Ever since then, this error light would randomly pop up.
Sponsored