FlashPro for CTR tuning results

Detailmylifeaway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic type r , s2000 , delsol & soon to be a NSX
Country flag
I do have a few more questions, maybe even a video would help. Once you receive everything & get ready to load a tune. What are the proper steps. Key to on position? Then fire up flashpro manger , lock it to my car , load my map. Then let it load , then do I turn the car back off ? Or just start it up ? Sorry if it seems confusing, Iā€™m just trying to figure these few thing out.
Sponsored

Banshee

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, 07 Civic Si, 17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is it possible to disable the Cat O2 sensor?

06S2k07Si

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 S2000 22 RDX 13 CB1000R 22 Veloster N 18 Type R
Country flag
I did the same thing... there's no congratulations or thank you prompt to confirm that your sale has gone through. It just resets as if something went arry. Bet more people get double wacked too.
In my personal experience I cannot even make a purchase at all due to the fact that the system that Hondata uses for this will not allow me to even make a purchase because every time I try it claims that my address does not match my billing address (which it does). I've had a few calls into my CC company and explained the situation and they feel that the problem is on the company that Hondata uses for their merchant services. I'm still trying to work with Hondata to see if I can even get this process completed somehow. Extremely frustrating.

Last edited:

Tim818

King Of The ā€˜Ring
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic EX, 2018 CTR
Country flag
Iā€™m loving the numbers for the 93 octane tune :drool: might keep the stock turbo and just do bolt ons.... plus that Hondata app :spaz:

Again good job Hondata!

Detailmylifeaway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic type r , s2000 , delsol & soon to be a NSX
Country flag
The hondata tune , downpipe , Intercooler , exhaust will = lots of fun !! I really want a exhaust, but I swear none of the manufacturers out there catch my eye.. the thermal exhaust with regular tips is about the only thing I see at the moment

Stig_jdm

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R, Evo X, S2000
Country flag
@Hondata
Two questions regarding fuel.
Would it be ok to use the 93 map with 101 or even 110 gas? Would if be better to mix 91 and 110?

The reason I ask is because I used 101 once in my stock CTR and the emissions/rev match light came on. I wonder if that was because of the fuel causing excessive torque? Maybe I am completely wrong here, but I would appreciate some insight.

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #0426. 2014 Accord Coupe V6
Country flag
@Hondata
What safeguards are in place concerning fuel? I have 93 readily available for the area I live in. What if I am traveling and can only get 91 when I have the tune on my car for 93?

OP
OP
Hondata

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The 93octane calibration will work with any higher octane, but it is tuned for 93 so you're not going to see any gain going higher. I would not run leaded fuel (110 octane is almost certainly leaded).

Your check engine light was probably unrelated to the fuel (downpipe perhaps?). With the CTR if there is even a very minor error code the rev match feature is disabled, so it is hard to tell what the actual code was.

It would have been good if Honda showed the DTC on the dash, but with FlashPro you can at least install the mobile app on the radio to check/reset DTCs.

OP
OP
Hondata

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@Hondata
What safeguards are in place concerning fuel? I have 93 readily available for the area I live in. What if I am traveling and can only get 91 when I have the tune on my car for 93?
If there is knock the ECU will reduce timing and eventually boost, but it would be better to run the 91 octane calibration with that fuel. I would put both the 91 and 93 octane calibrations on the FlashPro (you can install two) so that you can reflash without getting out a laptop.

Stig_jdm

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R, Evo X, S2000
Country flag
The 93octane calibration will work with any higher octane, but it is tuned for 93 so you're not going to see any gain going higher. I would not run leaded fuel (110 octane is almost certainly leaded).

Your check engine light was probably unrelated to the fuel (downpipe perhaps?). With the CTR if there is even a very minor error code the rev match feature is disabled, so it is hard to tell what the actual code was.

It would have been good if Honda showed the DTC on the dash, but with FlashPro you can at least install the mobile app on the radio to check/reset DTCs.
Thanks.
Yeah, it might've been a coincidence, but I was at the track, did two sessions on 91 and everything was fine. Then I put 5gal of 101, got back to the track for the 3rd session and got the engine light after 2-3 laps. I then filled up with 91 the light went away.

My car is bone stock. No DP or intake.

TheBigG

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R 2017, Kia Optima Sportswagon GT 2017
Country flag
So max 33 hp and 40 lb ft....
Some years ago I tuned my Saab 9-3 Aero and I could get more from stage 1... So, because of this I expected more from this car. Is it only the fuel pump to blame?

OP
OP
Hondata

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The fuel pump certainly limits peak torque and makes tuning more difficult. Honda has designed the engine to make 300hp and pretty much is everything else is a restriction - turbo, intercooler, cams, intake manifold, cylinder head flow, fuel pump. If you compare how much boost you need to make 300 hp (23 psi) with what you need to get the same power on a 4 port K20 engine (about 7 psi) then you can see what I mean.
Over time people will work out what does and does not make power and the engine will make more power.

Last edited:

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
The fuel pump certainly limits peak torque and makes tuning more difficult. Honda has designed the engine to make 300hp and pretty much is everything else is a restriction - turbo, intercooler, cams, intake manifold, cylinder head flow, fuel pump. If you compare how much boost you need to make 300 hp (23 psi) with what you need to get the same power on a 4 port K20 engine (about 7 psi) then you can see what I mean.
Over time people will work out what does and does not make power and the engine will do make more power.

Subaru/FHI designed the EJ205 to make 227hp, and with a flash they were able to make 260 stock. With uppipe/downpipe they made 280. Adding STI turbo upgrade and STI injectors brought that up to 350. Swapping to an EFR7163 turbo, high pressure fuel pump, FMIC, port and polish, MAP tuning brought them up to well over 450. All still on stock internals. These advancements didn't happen overnight. They took time and testing from some brave souls who were willing to take risks. Early adopters sometimes discover the failure points. Over time everyone benefits from the collected experience. I had a 2002, and took it up to the 350hp mark with 105k miles on the stock block. Sold it to my brother who now has it over 450 with over 190k on the stock block.

Bearing the above in mind, right now the first identified limitation is the fuel system. I'm positive it will be sorted out and overcome in time. Really look forward to seeing how far they can push things.

mdela0880

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
@Hondata is a direct signature required for the flash pro unit? I just got my jailbroje ECU that requires a direct signature and wasnā€™t sure if the flash pro only can simply be delivered without a direct signature? Thanks.
Sponsored