Dragnet

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2016 Accord Sport
Country flag
What kind of labor time are we looking at on average for a tuning shop to install said kit? Does anyone have any idea how much most shops would charge on average for labor time? No way am I gonna try to install this myself. I am interested in getting one.
Sponsored

PhAzE7

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 CBP Civic Type R, '20 PWP TLX SH-AWD
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
What kind of labor time are we looking at on average for a tuning shop to install said kit? Does anyone have any idea how much most shops would charge on average for labor time? No way am I gonna try to install this myself. I am interested in getting one.
canā€™t answer to the shop labor times but
Itā€™s really not that difficult to install. I didnā€™t even put car in the air, just removed battery/ intake to get to ECT sensor and firewall wiring.. just wanted to throw that out

Dragnet

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
canā€™t answer to the shop labor times but
Itā€™s really not that difficult to install. I didnā€™t even put car in the air, just removed battery/ intake to get to ECT sensor and firewall wiring.. just wanted to throw that out
Well does it require any kinda rewiring or splicing or anything weird like that?

PhAzE7

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 CBP Civic Type R, '20 PWP TLX SH-AWD
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Well does it require any kinda rewiring or splicing or anything weird like that?
Nothing of the sorts. To be honest i had a tougher time with the battery than i did with anything else.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Only electronic work thatā€™s needed with the sirimoto kit would be using the provided add-a-circuit and grounding it.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Itā€™s as simple as sticking it in a fuse slot that sirimoto instructions tells you to do if installing inside the cabin and removing the bolt from the factory ground and adding the ground from the kit lol.

Iā€™d say max 2 hours for a shop to install. I can probably do it in like 30 mins. Iā€™ll probably take the longest time trying to route the wires oem like lol.

Dragnet

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Itā€™s as simple as sticking it in a fuse slot that sirimoto instructions tells you to do if installing inside the cabin and removing the bolt from the factory ground and adding the ground from the kit lol.

Iā€™d say max 2 hours for a shop to install. I can probably do it in like 30 mins. Iā€™ll probably take the longest time trying to route the wires oem like lol.
Thanks for the reply. I just don't want to get something and find myself in trouble when trying to install it. Where'd you end up putting the gauge?

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Thanks for the reply. I just don't want to get something and find myself in trouble when trying to install it. Where'd you end up putting the gauge?
haven't received mine yet so i haven't installed it yet. I'm planning on mounting mine either inside the engine bay or behind the 12v/usb port area if i can hide the gauges behind it. I can have the % show up on the hondata app on the headunit so i don't really need to see the gauge.

Dragnet

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
haven't received mine yet so i haven't installed it yet. I'm planning on mounting mine either inside the engine bay or behind the 12v/usb port area if i can hide the gauges behind it. I can have the % show up on the hondata app on the headunit so i don't really need to see the gauge.
Wow. I must have missed the part about the headunit being able to display the %.

lorenkb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Wow. I must have missed the part about the headunit being able to display the %.
This only works if you hack the head unit to gain app install privileges. This is also not strictly required. You can bluetooth to the FlashPro with an app on Apple or Android devices.

Either way, the gauge display is not a requirement in and of itself.

ctrmofo

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 lambo lp550-2, '18 honda ctr cw (r-12321), 14' porsche cayman s, '16 porsche macan s, '13 mini jcw nme stage 1, '15 audi s3 apr stage 2, '15 audi q3, '12 monster 1100 evo, '16 triumph thruxton r, deposited for '19 lambo huracan performante
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
there is no battery removal nor firewall feeding of any wires whatsoever if you keep the gauge in the engine bay as shown here with custom waterproof clear box we got from amazon. switched signal is splice off the #3 white wire off the maf sensor.

simply choose "ethanol %" in the hondata app on the head unit and see the % instead of having the gauge in cabin.

Honda Civic 10th gen FlashPro Flex Fuel support 58570903_342008746519836_4266819579285602304_n.png?_nc_cat=102&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
The worst thing is having to mess with the fuel line. If you tackle it, just make sure you have some spare replacement fuel line hose clamps. In general, anything wormgear should be handled with a proper socket tool - not a simple philips or flathead screw driver.

Gauge mounting...
It's a gauge that you'll look at like 10 miles after you refuel so you shouldn't be watching it like an ECT but it's still cool. I've seen where someone makes a gauge pod that replaces the top-dash vent (the one that blows on the driver side window) and holds 2 small gauges. They maintain the vent functionThere's also a pod-holder top of steering wheel cover but that only holds 1 gauge.

IHAVEAJEEP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Country flag
there is no battery removal nor firewall feeding of any wires whatsoever if you keep the gauge in the engine bay as shown here with custom waterproof clear box we got from amazon. switched signal is splice off the #3 white wire off the maf sensor.

simply choose "ethanol %" in the hondata app on the head unit and see the % instead of having the gauge in cabin.

58570903_342008746519836_4266819579285602304_n.png?_nc_cat=102&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.png
Is your write up coming soon
Sponsored