FlashPro Flex Fuel support

ctrmofo

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 lambo lp550-2, '18 honda ctr cw (r-12321), 14' porsche cayman s, '16 porsche macan s, '13 mini jcw nme stage 1, '15 audi s3 apr stage 2, '15 audi q3, '12 monster 1100 evo, '16 triumph thruxton r, deposited for '19 lambo huracan performante
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
yes! That would be great.
Mainly want to see how the fuel system is under WOT so if you have any WOT pulls that'd be great. Oh, and the blend you were running.

91 octane isn't cutting it and it'd be great not to have to blend 100 octane to get 93 lol.
damn californians LOL...sucks to be you. 93 here in ohio all day everyday ;-)

todd and i are doing other testing and logging too for hondata traction control management.
Sponsored

CWCTR2018

Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Unless you're checking the ethanol content of your mix prior to filling the tank, you're playing with fire on an E30 tune. That's what makes the ability to have flex fuel hardware/tune so great.
i highly doubt it , hondata engineers would not have released this tune if the fuel system could not handle alittle ethanol more than 30%

Turbo engines with large injectors handle ethanol just fine, i dumped 9 gallons one time into a stock echo boost 2.0 and no check engine light came on.

If hondata had any inkling what so ever if this was going to harm the 2.0T of the CTR then the E30 tune would have never been released ..

we arent running an engine made 10-15 years ago:rolleyes:

yeah its recommend to measure with a sensor but one can easily determine the amount of fuel that needs to go into the tank with an ethanol calculator online

CWCTR2018

Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
it's no use lol. i've already tried explaining that to him before.
yeah and your the one who loves talking about hondata how a tune released by them could blow up the engine , and yet you think you know everything even when you havent run the tune for several months like me.

you know you put 10% ethanol in y our tank every full up? You really think 20%-30 percent more is going to ruin the car. It wont
but you gohead and think you are the head Hondata engineer and tell everyone

Im sure within the next 5-10 years we will see our cars taking a minimum of 30% ethanol

Ever look at a echoboost gas cap? Yeah most of them say E15 but god forbid if you put that extra 15 % ethanol in
LOL
You my friend are pretty uneducated when it comes to ethanol
But here ill post a recent article to help you understand
https://abcnews.go.com/Business/story?id=4389805&page=1

Personally i think E30-E40 mix is fine without the sensor but would not use ethanol in extreme cold conditions unless your car is garaged and heated during the winter. Ethanol will gum up your fuel injectors. Also I would not recommend running 20-40 percent mixes in certain vehicles with weak turbo engines or without a proper tune.

I cant wait for Hondata to chime in on this one how the E30 tune is going to destroy our fuel systems and engine

Last edited:

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
If hondata had any inkling what so ever if this was going to harm the 2.0T of the CTR then the E30 tune would have never been released ..

we arent running an engine made 10-15 years ago:rolleyes:

yeah its recommend to measure with a sensor but one can easily determine the amount of fuel that needs to go into the tank with an ethanol calculator online
1. it's an E25 tune, not a E30 tune. Although 5% more is probably still within it's safe range.
Honda Civic 10th gen FlashPro Flex Fuel support 5RGs4Ab

2. Have you ever tested and measured the how much ethanol content is at your pump? if you haven't, how can you use the calculator online when you have such a huge range in the ACTUAL ethanol content at the pump. You realize e85 pumps can vary from 51%-85% and still be legally called E85 right? I've already mentioned this to you before.
The calculator is a good starting point but it's not something i'd use to get an accurate blend with because of the variance in the actual ethanol content at the pump.

it's your car, it's your motor. I don't care what you do.

yeah and your the one who loves talking about hondata how a tune released by them could blow up the engine , and yet you think you know everything even when you havent run the tune for several months like me.
Never once said a tune released by them can blow up the engine. FYI i am not anti hondata. I run a hondata myself on my FK8.

you know you put 10% ethanol in y our tank every full up? You really think 20%-30 percent more is going to ruin the car. It wont
but you gohead and think you are the head Hondata engineer and tell everyone
you still don't get it. i'm not talking about the amount of ethanol in the tank.
You my friend are pretty uneducated when it comes to ethanol
I'm more educated about it than you are, that's for sure.

CWCTR2018

Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
1. it's an E25 tune, not a E30 tune. Although 5% more is probably still within it's safe range.
5RGs4Ab.png

2. Have you ever tested and measured the how much ethanol content is at your pump? if you haven't, how can you use the calculator online when you have such a huge range in the ACTUAL ethanol content at the pump. You realize e85 pumps can vary from 51%-85% and still be legally called E85 right? I've already mentioned this to you before.
The calculator is a good starting point but it's not something i'd use to get an accurate blend with because of the variance in the actual ethanol content at the pump.

it's your car, it's your motor. I don't care what you do.

Never once said a tune released by them can blow up the engine. FYI i am not anti hondata. I run a hondata myself on my FK8.

you still don't get it. i'm not talking about the amount of ethanol in the tank.

I'm more educated about it than you are, that's for sure.

My point has already been made, you still don’t understand ethanol and why it won’t damage modern engines with tunes and without a sensor , you go on and on about how you want logs. The car can handle it fine And I find it funny you have to ask for people with logs when you own a hondata supposedly .
I know everything you know and it’s not rocket science knowing what ethanol does , how it works and used. You don’t need to test anything at the pump, because you just calculate for e85 for the e30 tune and yes “ hondata lists it as e30 in the program” go look.
Again you are questioning hondata engineers reliability of the tune because you are afraid of a 30 percent mix or can’t figure out how to do a 30 percent blend , plus or minus at the pump, makes me think you are not educated at all or have the balls to pick up the e85 gas pump and put it in your car , get your own logs. You are spreading false rumors about ethanol and the hondata e30 tune.
I can wait for the e40 tune with the sensor to monitor and adjust as needed , unless we are seeing 3.50 plus a gallon for premium which we will this summer .

Last edited:

Estoril4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport Mt, 2017 Toyota 4runner XP, 2014 Audi S4, 2017 CBP Type R
Country flag
Clearly this is a useless argument when hydrogen tunes are the future..

lorenkb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Sensor and signal conditioner from Zeitronix shows up tomorrow. Still need to put together the right list of fittings and lines, along with the ECT2 connector. Should be fun :headbang:

Correct. Don't forget the upcoming perpetual motion tune as well. I'm hopeful that Hondata will release the zero point energy compensated tune in short order.

CWCTR2018

Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
for honda it will be electric powered wheels , i highly doubt we will see hydrogen tunes for Honda. I guess you were trying to be funny

Estoril4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport Mt, 2017 Toyota 4runner XP, 2014 Audi S4, 2017 CBP Type R
Country flag
Lol that's strange cus I've heard hondatas working on their tesla towers nationwide as we speak. Perhaps just rumours

lorenkb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
OK, trying to teach myself more about how this system should work, and one of the first questions I had was "Why aren't people putting the flex fuel sensor in the return line of the fuel system?". Lesson learned is that there is no return line!

The in-tank pump is actually pressure regulated, and that feeds the high pressure fuel pump. No return line, just a fuel vapor line. Of note is that the low pressure from the tank is actually pretty high, ~7 bar. Spec for the flex fuel sensor is 10 bar, so no problems there.

ctrmofo

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 lambo lp550-2, '18 honda ctr cw (r-12321), 14' porsche cayman s, '16 porsche macan s, '13 mini jcw nme stage 1, '15 audi s3 apr stage 2, '15 audi q3, '12 monster 1100 evo, '16 triumph thruxton r, deposited for '19 lambo huracan performante
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
initial testing results of the new sirimoto e85 flex fuel kit with hondata's latest e85 flex fuel tune on our partner's stock fk8 car. impressive 450 lbs-ft of torque and 400+ hp at crank.

we also beta test installing the display gauge in the engine compartment with a custom holder for waterproofing and ease of maintenance. we'll have a full detailed installation and review coming for our fbo modded champ white fk8.

58766106_341955209858523_3513433584868261888_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.jpg

58570903_342008746519836_4266819579285602304_n.png?_nc_cat=102&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.png

d15b7

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 1995 Civic EG K24/20 EFR7163 Fortune Auto track weapon
Country flag
hey ctrmofo! nice writeup and testing! (i'm quite interested in this tech; seems perfect for our cars). quick question for you -- any reason not to mount the E gauge in the glove box (I like the idea of it being hidden and stealthy but not the idea of having to open the hood every time I wanted to see what blend of Exx I had in the tank.). I'm assuming it's just a small bundle of wires that run from the sensor to that round gauge readout?

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
you can mount it anywhere you want really. I'm going to be mounting mine inside the engine bay because mounting it under the hood saves you the hassle of having to fish the wires through the firewall. His idea of a waterproof cover is great! I'll be waiting for his info because I was debating on what to use to waterproof it.

I'm not 100% sure so don't quote me on this but with the ECA, you should be able to display the ethanol content on your headunit if you have the hondata app installed. or maybe shown with voltage cause it's connected to ECT2?

On the gauge, there should be 2 harnesses. One that goes to the ECA, and one that goes to power/ground/ECT 2.
Sponsored