I’ll just stick with the e30 hondata tune , I’m not convinced yet
Sponsored

lorenkb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
All of the kits use gauges from either Innovate or zietronics, so the kit is down to the fuel lines used, the wiring and the layout. Of you can make you own with a gauge. Personally I just have a Innovate gauge under the hood running to ECT2 and if I need to look at the ethanol content it is on the dash display. That way I don't need to cut up the dash to put the gauge inside somewhere.
Are you aware of any flex fuel units that convert to an analog output without a display/gauge?

EDIT: Nevermind, answered my own question... Zeitronix ECA-2 is available without a display. Thanks for the flex fuel option Hondata :)

Last edited:

ctrmofo

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 lambo lp550-2, '18 honda ctr cw (r-12321), 14' porsche cayman s, '16 porsche macan s, '13 mini jcw nme stage 1, '15 audi s3 apr stage 2, '15 audi q3, '12 monster 1100 evo, '16 triumph thruxton r, deposited for '19 lambo huracan performante
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
we will be doing a full install and detailed review of the sirimoto e85 flex fuel kit from @procivic very soon, under a partnership we just signed with pro civic...excited!

lorenkb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Gains over stock.

!cid_CF56D122-0F81-4E51-ADDC-A602513ACF87.gif
With the air charge limiting by ethanol content, what's the top end of the Ethanol range look like? Just wondering how the combination of additional timing but at reduced boost works out. Did you guys do any dyno pulls at E70 or above that you can share?

ctrmofo

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 lambo lp550-2, '18 honda ctr cw (r-12321), 14' porsche cayman s, '16 porsche macan s, '13 mini jcw nme stage 1, '15 audi s3 apr stage 2, '15 audi q3, '12 monster 1100 evo, '16 triumph thruxton r, deposited for '19 lambo huracan performante
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looking at the instructions for this kit. It seems that if you have a catchcan they might not be able to mount them next to each other. Where the coarse stud is located a catchcan seems to look very close. It would be nice if your able to mount that sensor in the opposite direction.

BBBCE23E-59EE-4F1F-AB0B-12ED088226F5.jpeg

871EA85A-F718-45FA-AE32-D8A11A0A8F08.jpeg
the fk8 doesn't need an oil catch can. they're overrated and hyped up too much. the car is by design allowed to have a certain level of blowby and recirculates. don't buy into the hype of oil catch cans here or on youtube...

e85 flex fuel > oil catch can if you have to choose one.

CWCTR2018

Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
the fk8 doesn't need an oil catch can. they're overrated and hyped up too much. the car is by design allowed to have a certain level of blowby and recirculates. don't buy into the hype of oil catch cans here or on youtube...

Why is the Sirmoto kit so dam expensive for a few wires and a plastic gauge , I mean do you have any pull to get us a group buy for a significant discount? I’m sorry but at 479 plus tax I can wait. This kit shouldn’t cost more than 300 bucks.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag

i wouldn't say it doesn't need one or that it's hyped but i would rather just relocate the oil catch than relocate the ECA cause its easier due to where the fuel lines are.
i'm going to wait for someone to post some datalogs on CTRs with a blend before i do any flex fuel on my car. Definitely will be running it once i see some data though. Hoping you can provide some after you run a blend :thumbsup:

CWCTR2018

Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
i wouldn't say it doesn't need one or that it's hyped but i would rather just relocate the oil catch than relocate the ECA cause its easier due to where the fuel lines are.
i'm going to wait for someone to post some datalogs on CTRs with a blend before i do any flex fuel on my car. Definitely will be running it once i see some data though. Hoping you can provide some after you run a blend :thumbsup:
Why don’t you just do a e30 flash and check the logs and report back.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
cause i don't have an ethanol content gauge or a test strip and i'm not going to buy some just to log data when there seems to be people here who are going to or is already running ethanol who can provide the logs for me if they are willing to.

I've already explained to you why i don't do calculations based on gallons before in a different thread.

toddrhodes

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CTR #16979, '18 Odyssey
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
cause i don't have an ethanol content gauge or a test strip and i'm not going to buy some just to log data when there seems to be people here who are going to or is already running ethanol who can provide the logs for me if they are willing to.

I've already explained to you why i don't do calculations based on gallons before in a different thread.
I should have mine on Wednesday and will hopefully get some logs next weekend. Anything in particular you're hoping to see in those logs?

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
I should have mine on Wednesday and will hopefully get some logs next weekend. Anything in particular you're hoping to see in those logs?
yes! That would be great.
Mainly want to see how the fuel system is under WOT so if you have any WOT pulls that'd be great. Oh, and the blend you were running.

91 octane isn't cutting it and it'd be great not to have to blend 100 octane to get 93 lol.

lorenkb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Unless you're checking the ethanol content of your mix prior to filling the tank, you're playing with fire on an E30 tune. That's what makes the ability to have flex fuel hardware/tune so great.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Unless you're checking the ethanol content of your mix prior to filling the tank, you're playing with fire on an E30 tune. That's what makes the ability to have flex fuel hardware/tune so great.
it's no use lol. i've already tried explaining that to him before.

ctrmofo

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Why is the Sirmoto kit so dam expensive for a few wires and a plastic gauge , I mean do you have any pull to get us a group buy for a significant discount? I’m sorry but at 479 plus tax I can wait. This kit shouldn’t cost more than 300 bucks.
we help members organize group buys in our fb group. the members initiate it, takes ownership, and leads buy. we help facilitate the negotiation on behalf of the leader and leave the administration of the purchases with the member who leads the group buy.

you may want to do that if you'd like.

ctrmofo

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
should be in a week or so to install, document, review, and report formally.
Sponsored