Flashpro: Datalogging without locking to ECU?

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@Hondata

Flashpro question: Is it possible to use the unit to datalog without locking it to the ECU?

I’m planning on returning my other Civic to factory map but still want to datalog and inspect the logs (charts). Mainly to observe the effects of adding cooling mods on my car without a tune.
Sponsored

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic hatch , 2018 civic sedan 1.5T
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is it possible to connect the flashpro and datalog the OE tune ?I like to log the oe tune before flashing to a new one.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
i remember reading somewhere that it is possible but the parameters might not read correctly without their coding on it. Don't quote me on it but i saw it somewhere.

you'd have to use the stock equivalent map to log correctly and that would require you to have the unit locked to an ecu.

r.camlin

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
You can lock the FlashPro to the ECU without flashing a tune if you're just looking to log the stock calibration as a baseline.

All locking does is make it yours. The car isn't tuned until you flash a calibration from the FlashPro software.

If you wish to keep the car stock, it's easy enough to unlock the FlashPro from the car after.

OP
OP
TypeSiR

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for the answers. Looks like it's best to keep the FP locked to the ECU even on factory tune as I still want to datalog and record all the sensor readings and inspect the pretty charts. It's like a doing a periodic checkup on the car to detect any anomaly even in stock form, an invaluable tool to have for this purpose.
Sponsored