Flashing issue/ Fuel pump drawing power

Deleted member 26142

Hello x community I am new here and have ran into an issue that I have not seen mentioned on the forum, (I made sure to do some research before posting lol) so I have a ktuner v1.2 on a hatchback sport. The first time setup and flash went flawless, no issues what's so ever. I kept that for awhile and decided too try out the bigger tune provided by ktuner, and that's when shit hit the fan everything was going fine when flashing, but about half way through the progress on the status bar I noticed it stopped . On the bottom left corner the status read disconnected and the ECU went into recover mode, it freaked me out but remembered reading that if that happens too just simply let the program recover the ECU for you, I let it do its thing and right when it was about to finish flashing so it got to about 70% got a disconnected status on the bottom corner went still gave me the instruction to key on then off I did that and the correct way but would just say flash failed and repeat again and again and... Well you get the point I spent 3 hours with this repeating issue I charged the battery, disconnected everything and reconnected used a different computer but nothing would help I thought the ECU was toast at this point but that's when I heard this ticking sound coming from the engine when the key was an acc mode I pulled every fuse until the noise stopped I found it too be the fuel pump fuse that stopped that ticking sound when unplugged, and only after that was I able too flash back into factory settings
I'm hesitant to flash a tune again just from the rollercoaster of emotions I experienced lol has anyone ever experienced this ? Could it be the tuner that was loosing connection or possibly the fuel pump drawing power or both? What are your thoughts on this

Honda Civic 10th gen Flashing issue/ Fuel pump drawing power 20190131_102707_HDR

Honda Civic 10th gen Flashing issue/ Fuel pump drawing power 20190131_102940_HDR

Honda Civic 10th gen Flashing issue/ Fuel pump drawing power 20190131_102713_HDR

Honda Civic 10th gen Flashing issue/ Fuel pump drawing power 20190131_103320_HDR

OP
OP

Deleted member 26142

i know there was some bad cables floating around for awhile. drop @KTuner a note. see what he says.
Turns out the issue was the OBD2 port on my car that was causing the issue , the ktuner has too sit right on the sweet spot too keep a connection going