flashing 3rd brake light issues caused stop light fuse to blow..

CHiNG818

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
ran into issues with the installation and i blew my rear break light fuse. all lights in the back stopped working and inside the dash displayed vsa problem electrical brake problems and i couldn't switch my drive mode so i was stuck on sport mode. came to the forums to see where the fuse is located and i couldn't find a fix. The fuse is inside the engine bay fuse box on the right side. The cover of this box has the fuse diagram displaying where to locate the fuse. Thankfully I was able to find this fix for myself and i hope it helps others who run into this problem.
Sponsored

EnjoyDriving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8
Country flag
Which fuse caused all these problems? kinda surprised that a light fuse would affect the driving mode. I just went thru that fuse box many times for my led installation last night too. Thanks for sharing.

ran into issues with the installation and i blew my rear break light fuse. all lights in the back stopped working and inside the dash displayed vsa problem electrical brake problems and i couldn't switch my drive mode so i was stuck on sport mode. came to the forums to see where the fuse is located and i couldn't find a fix. The fuse is inside the engine bay fuse box on the right side. The cover of this box has the fuse diagram displaying where to locate the fuse. Thankfully I was able to find this fix for myself and i hope it helps others who run into this problem.

OP
OP
CHiNG818

CHiNG818

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Which fuse caused all these problems? kinda surprised that a light fuse would affect the driving mode. I just went thru that fuse box many times for my led installation last night too. Thanks for sharing.
It's called the stop light fuse. Its red with a 10 on top of the fuse

OP
OP
CHiNG818

CHiNG818

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Thanks for sharing. So, if that fuse is blown or pulled, the car would be locked in sport mode and you won't be able to change it. Wow :doh:
Yes and the dash turns into a Christmas tree with all the lights lit up. Crazy, you can imagine my agony trying to figure this out :what:

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
How did you manage to blow the fuse in the 1st place.
The LED Flasher should not have caused the fuse to blow, unless you connected it incorrectly, or your install caused a short ?
In hindsight, anyone else doing this install might well consider removing the brake light fuse while they do the install. (which is what I did when I installed a 3rd brake light flasher)

OP
OP
CHiNG818

CHiNG818

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
How did you manage to blow the fuse in the 1st place.
The LED Flasher should not have caused the fuse to blow, unless you connected it incorrectly, or your install caused a short ?
In hindsight, anyone else doing this install might well consider removing the brake light fuse while they do the install. (which is what I did when I installed a 3rd brake light flasher)
yeah i connected the wires incorrectly and it caused a short.
Sponsored